Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeff
Thank you all for answering all of my tech questions and keeping me sane while i spend long hours at work !i look forward to logging on almost every day . I just installed my rich johnson motor mount in a couple of days ago and have been working hard on preping the engine bay for paint,cleaning up the engine and trans.i have the kennedy Eng.ring on the flywheel and im whery about using the pep boy 4cyl starter?I looked at tilton but i thought id ask here before i spend 450.00 for it.Im thinking of euorpean headers at 1 1/2" and like the way those coast fab headers look but im wondering if i could quite things down a bit with the supertrapps??Also i have a peterson dry sump tank that im mounting in the front trunk id like to run a an--20 line willthat fit thruogh the heater tube or rocker ?or will i be holdin on to it in the cockpit?Any advice would be great !hope to see you in ventura even though i dont know a sole and my car will not be running
Steve
I'm running my 3.2 with a stock 914-4 starter.
Never had any problems with it.
Stock 914-6 heat exchangers are 1 1/2".
For a 2.7 - 3.2 they recommend 1 5/8" headers.
For a 3.6 they recommend 1 3/4" headers.

I'm running stock heat exchangers with a single outlet Bursch muffler with my 3.2 and I'm more than happy with the torque and power.
I'm also running the Rich Johnson motor mount.
Great product, I have been very happy with mine!!!

Steve
jeff
I have three bmws e30 m3,3.ocs race car,wifes 528 with nooo plan to put any of there drivetrains in the 914 the greek dude has more response than any one??I ask about a 3.2 transplant and get 1 reply?
SirAndy
QUOTE(jeff @ Sep 7 2004, 10:27 PM)
I have three bmws e30 m3,3.ocs race car,wifes 528 with nooo plan to put any of there drivetrains in the 914 the greek dude has more response than any one??I ask about a 3.2 transplant and get 1 reply?

your question was just not *shocking* enough ... biggrin.gif

as for the starter, i don't see why a good 911 starter won't work with a 3.2.
what tranny are you running? 901? i am very happy with my high-torque starter ...

-20 sounds huge for the 3.2 as it has the engine mounted oil cooler.
unless you got rid of that. oh, wait, you said you have a sump in the front trunk, no external oil cooler ???
depending where you are located, -20 lines + sump could add too much oil and you'll run too cool. not good.

we run 2 -12 through the longs/heater tubes for front mounted coolers, no problem, not sure about -20 ...

wink.gif Andy
Levi
QUOTE(jeff @ Sep 7 2004, 10:27 PM)

sad2.gif
Trekkor
After my SIX conversion is done and I have a voice, beleive me , I will post like a mad dog.

Especially if I can avoid throwing a rod out the top of my case w00t.gif

KT
J P Stein
You didn't mention a front cooler. ALL 3.2 9elebens had external coolers.

-20 is (IMO) over kill....and more costly, but would work fine....dunno if it would fit thru the heater ducts, tho. I used -12 on the scavenge side, but would use -16 if I had to do it over again. The larger lines are easier on the oil pump. The feed line is about -16.....the stock 914/6 line.
BTW, The 3.2L oil pump is the same as my 76 2.7L.

I use the stock 4 pooper starter. A small tab must be ground off one mounting flange.

Headers? confused24.gif Personally, I wouldn't go much smaller/larger than your exhaust port.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.