Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Bumper
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
struckn
Front Bumper Top Rubber has ripples or waves. Any clue what causes this and is there a way to remove the ripples?

IPB Image

confused24.gif
reharvey
The metal inside the rubber is rusting away. Nothing you can do about it. Time to buy a new one from 914rubber.com
914werke
agree.gif
Just drive it & enjoy driving.gif
bigkensteele
agree.gif as well. But I must point out that you have a great looking car. It deserves a new bumper top from 914rubber.com. They won't break the bank, and the materials are far superior to original. Stainless steel core, so the ripples will never happen again.
johannes
I agree. Sell your OK bumper tops and buy new ones from 914rubber. You will make three people happy.
struckn
Thanks everybody I'm good with that and will go with getting new rubber.

agree.gif
IronHillRestorations
Buy a new one from 914rubber.com, and store it until the one on your car rusts bad enough to start coming off.
euro911
Consider it a late Christmas gift to yourself ...

... and a new rear top for your birthday happy11.gif
malcolm2
QUOTE(struckn @ Feb 18 2012, 09:33 PM) *

Front Bumper Top Rubber has ripples or waves. Any clue what causes this and is there a way to remove the ripples?

confused24.gif

I have seen them on the web, but of course, I can't remember anything specific....someone makes fiberglass bumper tops. I do remember that they looked really nice. I would also assume if you bump, you break.
Ed_F
QUOTE(johannes @ Feb 19 2012, 12:28 AM) *

You will make three people happy.

I'll be happy to have that bumper top biggrin.gif
struckn
Just did my Income Taxes and came out in good shape so when I get my Return in a few weeks I'll order the replacement Top. The Rear looks good just need the front top.

bye1.gif
Mikey914
Fronts get wavy, rears tent to break at the corners of the licence plate cut out.
struckn
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 21 2012, 12:12 AM) *

Fronts get wavy, rears tent to break at the corners of the licence plate cut out.

Thanks Mikey,
I'll be ordering the front top shortly. The rear is looking good for now.
I've you added to "my favorites" for 914 parts.

abnrdo
Beautiful 914. Love the green....

-Jim
Ed_F
That top looks a lot better than mine. Shoot me a PM when you remove it, I'm interested. driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.