Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: targa top
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rgolia
what is the best way to restore a targa top. Mine is in good shape, except it is really faded.
reharvey
Repaint it with satin black. Biggest problem is cleaning it so the paint will stick. Most of these tops have been coated with Armorall or some other product like that. The paint will lift if the surface isn't clean.
rgolia
what about black wax or something like that?
Lennies914
I've been thinking about using a product called "Rhino Shine". It's a dye to restore faded bed liners with uv protectant. I've used it on my bedliner with great results.

idea.gif
EdwardBlume
Get an extra top and experiment. Its not just cleaning the surface but getting into the craters...
rgolia
30 plus years ago i used turtle wax-black wax and it looked great...but that was 30+ years ago.
partwerks
The previous owner on mine made it a smooth surface. Easier to chamois off and shines as well, being painted.
jmill
What about this stuff?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tz03Es04QA
jim_hoyland
I used MEK to pull out The organics and silicones, washed with simple green, then clear water.

There are several good paint products available: I bought a small can of black at the local marine store and applied it with a small foam roller. It's been on the top for three years and looks great today
bandjoey
Mothers back to black
rgolia
thanks all...I am going to try the forever black since I have some.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.