Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Mystery
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
OK... I was thinking about it..

Have you EVER...

Gotten into a 914 as a passenger... and moved the seat forward?

Doesn't make much sense does it....

If for some reason you have..., why?
mepstein
So the seat can tilt back?
SLITS
I have short legs and it's more comfortable to sit with your feet on the foot rest rather than resting on your heels.
wildman
To both replies agree.gif

Also it helps to brace yourself into the seat for quick corners, etc
ArtechnikA
Never been in a 914 new enough to have a moveable pax seat...
But there was a reason fixed-seat cars came with the removable footrest.
EdwardBlume
I still don't get why a passenger would need to move forward. Midgets included. poke.gif
ArtechnikA
Because passengers don't like flailing around in a high-performance car any more than drivers do - maybe less. Drivers get a wheel to hang on to, and a brake pedal. And either a dead pedal or a bit of wheel well to brace with the left foot.

Early 914 seats don't have much in the way of deep bolsters for lateral support, and the non-retractable belts were such a PITA to adjust that they were almost never as tight as you'd like. Being slammed against loose belts under hard braking just isn't fun. There aren't even good door handholds.
jmill
My wife does. It makes it easier to slam her foot onto the imaginary brake pedal.
6freak
the non-retractable belts were such a PITA to adjust that they were almost never as tight as you'd like.

I like the non -retractable in my 1970...i can get them very tight . even more then the retractable models

I agree! Passenger does drive no good if he sitting in his lap............plant your ass over there
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 19 2012, 12:19 PM) *

I like the non -retractable in my 1970...i can get them very tight . even more then the retractable models

Yes - me too.
And OKfine in driver-mode.
But somehow it seemed like the pax seat was never right for whoever was there.
SUNAB914
Put a six pack behind seat?
Tom_T
QUOTE(RobW @ Feb 19 2012, 08:15 AM) *

I still don't get why a passenger would need to move forward. Midgets included. poke.gif

Rob - a prior GF of mine in the 1970's was only 4'-11" & definitely needed to move seat forward to put her feet up on the front wall/footrest area when I drove the twisties! biggrin.gif

Having the adjustable p-seat allowed them to delete the movable footrest block which was supposed to be leashed in the p-side floor, but mostly ended up in the front trunk or lost in the garage somewhere! dry.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Feb 20 2012, 05:13 PM) *

a prior GF of mine in the 1970's was only 4'-11"

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
mrholland2
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Feb 20 2012, 05:13 PM) *

Rob - a prior GF of mine in the 1970's was only 4'-11" & definitely needed to move seat forward to put her feet up on the front wall/footrest area when I drove the twisties! biggrin.gif

Having the adjustable p-seat allowed them to delete the movable footrest block which was supposed to be leashed in the p-side floor, but mostly ended up in the front trunk or lost in the garage somewhere! dry.gif

Is she not 4'11" anymore?
Chris Hamilton
That's so when you build a 914 limo in the future you can move the seat forward for some more legroom in the back.
6freak
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Feb 19 2012, 09:49 AM) *

QUOTE(6freak @ Feb 19 2012, 12:19 PM) *

Yes - me too.
And OKfine in driver-mode.
But somehow it seemed like the pax seat was never right for whoever was there.

Because most setting over there were like how do you work these things and what this funny thing on the floor,,and you basically have to strap them in ...which is OK if its my smoke n hot wife in a short skirt. laugh.gif ..and not some fat instructor. lol-2.gif

MikeC smile.gif
malaga_red75
QUOTE(SUNAB914 @ Feb 19 2012, 10:13 AM) *

Put a six pack behind seat?

agree.gif

or you can fit two 30-racks vertical in the front trunk WITH a radiator.

biggrin.gif beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.