Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: heater ducting
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
70-914nut
I recently powdercoated all of the rear ducting and flappers that i purchased, and have no idea how the go together. Didny have them on the car when i got it. Anyone got any pics or diagrams? ive looked everywhere to no avail.
70-914nut
come on guys im in the garage ready to put this together and i need your help!
JeffBowlsby
There are plenty of diagrams available...here is one:

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/p...pn=022256205B#a
70-914nut
still kinda confusing
JeffBowlsby
How about this: Its not exactly correct though. This is the passenger side HE looking from the top, and the flapper valve shown is a drivers side. The actuator lever should face down to the ground and should be under the flapper valve. And ts missing the Y-tube bracket, otherwise its correct. Be sure to get the gaskets for the clamp attachemnt to the fan housing.
70-914nut
where does the other end of the flapper valve connect?
Dave_Darling
Pics here:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/porsche-914...html#post546504

EDIT: Oooh, ya got the pics in before me.

The end of the flapper valve has a hose that goes to the heater channel in the body.

--DD
70-914nut
ok im getting there, but my heat exchangers are one piece, eliminating the s- tube. it looks like my flappers will have to connect directly to the HE and a flex tube to the body.
JeffBowlsby
Your don't look like these do they?
70-914nut
yes! thats why i was so confused!
70-914nut
whats the difference?
JeffBowlsby
The difference is a lack of communication. Your ID says '70', suggesting you have an early car. That last photo is the 1975-76 HE set-up. We should have asked or you should have stated or posted photos of what you had...no worries, we'll do better next time.

The later HE's were an emmissions modification - they restrict power, are heavier and run hotter, but otherwise are OK.
70-914nut
i do hav a 70, but that is what came with the car. Kinda odd right?. aftermarket monza exhaust attatched to the HE's guess i need different HE'S withe the new 1.7 Bursche i got coming then right?
70-914nut
Is it possible i could have a 75-76 engine? or can you put those late HE's on a 1.7?
JeffBowlsby
Maybe...What do you think you have? Whats the engine code, or post a photo.
70-914nut
where is the engine code? Ill let you know
70-914nut
It has to be a 1.7 because i have yellow plug injectors right?
jimkelly
where is engine code - see attached pic.

thats aid - any 914 exhaust set up can be used on any 914 engine, provided you have matching muffler, muffler hanger, etc.

engine number info
http://www.914world.com/specs/engnumbs.php
JeffBowlsby
Unless you have a 1.7L engine, then the code is here:

bigkensteele
QUOTE(70-914nut @ Feb 19 2012, 10:40 AM) *

ok im getting there, but my heat exchangers are one piece, eliminating the s- tube. it looks like my flappers will have to connect directly to the HE and a flex tube to the body.

Sounds like you have a late exhaust. They are much different, and the flappers connect directly to the exchangers.

Post a picture of your parts, and it will be much easier for us to point you in the right direction.
70-914nut
Made some phone calls and determined I have a late model setup . With an early model bursch exhaust coming I had ti remove the hels and muffler. I found an early set of sshe"s to back date it all correctly. Thanks for all the help. Still can't. Figure out why the late model stuff installed. Guess thays all he had at the time.
jimkelly
a pic

Prospectfarms
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 19 2012, 02:25 PM) *

Your don't look like these do they?

Nice catch.
70-914nut
2 fans? I only have one on top of the motor with ductiing attatched at both ends.
Dave_Darling
No, only one fan.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.