Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "The most desirable Porsches..."
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
markyb
http://www.cnbc.com/id/34774345/

the 914 must have been #17?....we just missed making the list blink.gif
EdwardBlume
Like the 914, I'm not that desirable, but I have a wife and a couple kids.... just sayin' av-943.gif
type47
hmmmm, Boxster yet no 914-6 GT, 991 (yet to be a proven model) yet no Carrera GT, 917 yet no GT1... at least no FEWC (yes, there is a 924 Carrera GT, wtf...) too many 356''s .... oh well, we all have an opinion....
Tom_T
It's NBC - waddaya expect? confused24.gif

Even Leno poke.gif his employers on air! biggrin.gif
relentless
I sure love the look of that 959!
Lee Raskin
Fellow and Lady 914 Porschephiles. Don't take CNBC's 'The Most Desirable Porsche' list too personally! I actually love 914's!! I vintage/historic race against them all the time. My favorite story is at Lime Rock in 1998 at the first Rennsport event and Paul Newman driving a Brumos 914/6 was about to put a lap my 356 Sebring coupe on the down hill! I took the line... but moved over on the straight to the right and waved him by.....Paul then passed me like I was tied to a post and he gave me a HUGE 'thank you' wave back!

CNBC only wanted to have 10 models for their web story. I pleaded and stretched it to 15 and the new 991. I would have put the Brumos or Alan Johnson's 914/6 on the list if they would let me! It woulda have been #17 for sure!

It's not so easy to take a clean page and figure out the most desirable Porsches that have now spanned over 6 decades! Yikes! You try it and see how you do.... But don't forget those 356 Carrera Speedster/Coupes that were the original 'Giant Killers'!

Here's what I would have said about the 914: The 914 was a fun Porsche. It helped to make the marque what it is today. It allowed so many new owners to join the Porsche ranks who otherwise would have gone to another sports car. The 914/4 and 914/6 were great racers on the track and at the autocrosses. How great is it to see a restored 914 in the original 1970's bright Orange, Yellow or Green...and blasting along on the road today! Vroom, Vrooom!

Lee Raskin, Porsche historian/author/356'er vintage racer

James Dean At Speed (Amazon.com and Ebay.com)
Porsche Speedster TYP540: Quintessential Sports Car beerchug.gif
markyb
A warm welcome to our board Lee (although I myself am a new member), thanks for the insight.

Each week I pick up new technical information that helps me try to get my '75 in top condition,stories like yours are icing on the cake!
Eric_Shea
Here's what I would have said about the 914: The 914 was a fun Porsche. It helped to make the marque what it is today. It allowed so many new owners to join the Porsche ranks who otherwise would have gone to another sports car. The 914/4 and 914/6 were great racers on the track and at the autocrosses. How great is it to see a restored 914 in the original 1970's bright Orange, Yellow or Green...and blasting along on the road today! Vroom, Vrooom!

Redemption... lol3.gif

welcome.png

We actually like hiding out in the shadows... keeps the parts costs down. wink.gif
mojorisen914
Redemption... lol3.gif

welcome.png

We actually like hiding out in the shadows... keeps the parts costs down. wink.gif

agree.gif
I couldn't have said it any better

and

welcome.png
Steve73
When I look at James Dean's $1.5 Million dollar 550 Spyder and realize that I have the same layout, heritage, better performance (if not looks) for the same price I'm pretty stoked.

mueba.gif

http://www.cnbc.com/id/34774345/?slide=4
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.