Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I took the Plunge on a 4th one.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hot_shoe914
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

That is all for now. Car comes with everything to put it back together and the replacement metal to make the repairs. It is a 1973 2.0 with a/c if Marathon Metallic Blue. Also comes with a fresh 2.0L motor ready to be installed.
jmill
Needs some work but nothing too crazy. I'd buy it for the right price.
scotty b
you've got a real knack for finding cars with rotted backwalls D. poke.gif poke.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 19 2012, 07:51 PM) *

you've got a real knack for finding cars with rotted backwalls D. poke.gif poke.gif

Job security poke.gif
wingnut86
Jump on it quick before Dr. Phil or BillH1963 see it... beer.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 19 2012, 04:52 PM) *

Job security poke.gif

we're talking aboot Donald here lol-2.gif

Hey Donald don't toss Christine yet, Your going to need her backwall for one of these two cars, if hers is any good rolleyes.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(scotty b @ Feb 19 2012, 06:55 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 19 2012, 04:52 PM) *

Job security poke.gif

we're talking aboot Donald here lol-2.gif

Hey Donald don't toss Christine yet, Your going to need her backwall for one of these two cars, if hers is any good rolleyes.gif

Okay, but I have a brand new backwall that comes with the new car. I need to talk to you about my options.
type47
Well, you're knowledgible about these cars and you do have a charge account with scottyb ... biggrin.gif Not like you don't know what you're getting yourself into. Big ++++ on the color.... 73 2L smilie_pokal.gif

welder.gif driving-girl.gif
bigkensteele
In this part of the country, I would buy that car in a heartbeat. I really love silver cars.
hot_shoe914
In this part of the country, I would buy that car in a heartbeat. I really love silver cars.

It is a 1973 2.0 with a/c in Marathon Metallic Blue.
jonferns
That looks really good. The firewall isn't a huge deal, the real structural areas of the car look solid. I'd jump on it!
sean_v8_914
take a photo of inside teh right long from teh hole on top. lets see inside
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(sean_v8_914 @ Feb 20 2012, 11:25 AM) *

take a photo of inside teh right long from teh hole on top. lets see inside

I will have to wait til next weekend. Car is 180 miles away.
hot_shoe914
idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif smoke.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Feb 23 2012, 09:29 PM) *

idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif idea.gif smoke.gif

Okay, after a couple of weeks of thinking and using all my decision making resources smoke.gif smoke.gif smoke.gif , I took the plunge yesterday and bought this car. It is, as you can see, completely stripped and packed away in boxes. A bigger project than I was looking for but hey, we all know I'm not real bright. The plan is to get the metal repairs knocked out before I ever bring it home and once that is accomplished, I will probably dump it on Scotty for paint. I will probably start a new thread for the restoration so be watching for it.

Shoe
EdwardBlume
Keep it up and you'll have to change your name to George...
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(RobW @ Mar 4 2012, 11:55 PM) *

Keep it up and you'll have to change your name to George...

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif slap.gif
saigon71
Congrats on your new purchase! She doesn't look all that bad! beerchug.gif
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(saigon71 @ Mar 5 2012, 05:44 AM) *

Thanks Bob, other than 3 areas(already have the repair metal) she is extremely solid. My biggest delima right now is whether or not to reinstall or delete the ac. confused24.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(hot_shoe914 @ Mar 5 2012, 08:09 AM) *

QUOTE(saigon71 @ Mar 5 2012, 05:44 AM) *

Thanks Bob, other than 3 areas(already have the repair metal) she is extremely solid. My biggest delima right now is whether or not to reinstall or delete the ac. confused24.gif

One day I want to get one with a/c.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.