Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oil Puke Bottle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeffs9146
Like it says, what are you guys using as your oil puke bottle and where did you get it?
kconway
I bought mine from JEGS, there is a store link in this thread

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=140849&hl=
Jeffs9146
I have seen plastic see through ones also. I guess it doesn't matter if you can see through it as long as you check it once in a while! confused24.gif
kconway
I guess I never took a photo after I finished it up. I TIG'd an AN fitting on the tank spigot and added a clear tube at the bottom that I plumbed off that petcock and down through the engine shelf to check/dump anything that I catch.
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(kconway @ Feb 19 2012, 04:41 PM) *

I guess I never took a photo after I finished it up. I TIG'd an AN fitting on the tank spigot and added a clear tube at the bottom that I plumbed off that petcock and down through the engine shelf to check/dump anything that I catch.

Interesting, so you just dump it out the bottom?
kconway
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Feb 19 2012, 04:52 PM) *

QUOTE(kconway @ Feb 19 2012, 04:41 PM) *

Interesting, so you just dump it out the bottom?

Yep, thats the concept. I figured it would be easier to open that petcock and catch it under the car when I go to empty it instead of trying to take the whole can out.
By the way, you can't tell in this photo but I made a simple bracket to hang off the studs on the top of the wheel house where the clamp was for the engine compartment lid torsion bars. It's totally reversable except for that small hole in the shelf where the hose goes through.

Click to view attachment
Eric_Shea
The vintage 911 washer fluid type. This is a repro:

IPB Image

IPB Image

I have one of the JEGS one I was using in the 911. Works great. It's black plastic with the breather on top. Let me know if you're interested in it.
campbellcj
I have an aluminum one similar to KConway above. I think they are made by Canton.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Feb 19 2012, 04:24 PM) *
Like it says, what are you guys using as your oil puke bottle and where did you get it?

I'm using a Gatorade bottle. biggrin.gif

Punched a few holes on the side of the top part for venting.
Works perfect!
driving.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 19 2012, 05:43 PM) *

Works perfect!
driving.gif

Here you go, i even have a picture ...

IPB Image
sixnotfour
my way, go till she pukes beer3.gif

On a side note , I did that same thing recently with No bottle, in GRNMNE....what a mess.
EdwardBlume
Here's what mine looks like...
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 19 2012, 05:45 PM) *

QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 19 2012, 05:43 PM) *

Works perfect!
driving.gif

Here you go, i even have a picture ...

IPB Image

aktion035.gif aktion035.gif lol-2.gif
brant
we're required to have puke bottles on the motor and transmission for our sanctioning body.

we went with the lightest weight options:

GaroldShaffer
My old racecar used a 914 windshield washer bottle.
gms
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Feb 20 2012, 11:06 AM) *

My old racecar used a 914 windshield washer bottle.

That is what I did too
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
gms
I had a AZ ice tea gallon to start with
Click to view attachment
pcar916
Made mine from a backpacking fuel bottle, a 993 oil fitting and a K&N filter. A standard stopcock into an AN fitting for the drain and it's a wrap. For the transmission burp-bottle I'll use a spare 993 power steering reservoir.

Click to view attachment
SLITS
I used a stock tank and the engine pukes back into it .... no external bottles cans etc.
Mike Bellis
I don't have a -6 but I made mine from some 3" exhaust tubing... biggrin.gif

Click to view attachment
SirAndy
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 20 2012, 03:58 PM) *
I used a stock tank and the engine pukes back into it .... no external bottles cans etc.

That's not the point. The puke bottle is a vent for the tank, not a vent for the engine.

popcorn[1].gif
SLITS
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 20 2012, 05:33 PM) *

That's not the point. The puke bottle is a vent for the tank, not a vent for the engine.

popcorn[1].gif

Hmmmm ... oil puke bottle .... guess I don't understand .... not in my racing experience.

So I vent the tank to the cleaner.

SirAndy
QUOTE(SLITS @ Feb 20 2012, 09:07 PM) *
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 20 2012, 05:33 PM) *

popcorn[1].gif

Hmmmm ... oil puke bottle .... guess I don't understand .... not in my racing experience.

So I vent the tank to the cleaner.

In my pic below, you can see the vent hose from the engine to the tank on the right. The "puke bottle" is on the left and is basically a catch can for the tank vent on the filler neck.

shades.gif

IPB Image
rfuerst911sc
I didn't want to add a puke tank so instead I used one of the aluminum elbows/hooked ends that you can purchase at a hardware store. These are generally used for washing machines where you transition from the rubber discharge hose to the drain in the wall. I found it was the right diameter to match the nipple on the DW Design oil tank. A short piece of rubber joined the two. At the other end of the hook I added a small clamp on filter found at local FLAPS. I ended up " angling " the hook so the filter was under the solid metal vs. the open mesh of the screen, that way rainwater or car washing does not get the filter wet. So far I have done a few AX's and no problem with oil coming out. I think the elbow has enough bend and height rise to keep the oil down. Sorry for the poor pic it's the only one I could find but you can just see the aluminum elbow at the top of the picture. If I remember correctly I had to bend the radius a little tighter to clear the metal above. Total cost with elbow, rubber hose, clamps and filter was about $15.00.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.