Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: electrical problem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sobolewski
I washed and waxed my 72-1.7 yesterday for the first time since it was purchased. Upon hitting the road for a "spin dry" I first lost my fuel guage. Intermittent at first. After that when I used the turn signals my tach would go out. After limping back into the driveway I discovered standing water in the front section of the engine bay on the drivers side. I mucked out the water and left the engine lid up for several days to "dry out". Still no luck. My instrument guages and turn signals are dead. The turn signals work until I turn the key to the on position. Something is shorting out. Any suggestions? The car will run but not very well.

Thanks!
Engman
Does the relay board have a cover on it?

M
SirAndy
open the drain holes on either side of the engine, close to the firewall so you don't have water puddeling up there anymore.
they're usually pluged with years of dirt, grime and leaves.
they had a rubber boot in them from the factory, if you still have those attached, remove them.
oh, and the drain hole is NOT the larger hole towards the top of the shelf that has a plastic plug in it, the drain hole is the smaller one at the bottom of the frame rail.

does the relay board have a cover?

did you blow a fuse?

do you have water standing behind the seats?

??? idea.gif Andy
SirAndy
oh, and welcome to the club! smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.