Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Found me a BAHW
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bruce Allert
Yupper, I got me a bigass17mmhex wrench. Changed the tranny oil and was amazed at how much easier it shifted.
The old oil was brownish & translucent instead of clear brown.
Sure glad I read the post about making sure you can get the fill plug out before draining it! Bet there was at least 150#'s of torque put on that dude before it let loose wub.gif
bruce
ChrisReale
WOW! I need to get me one of them beer3.gif
markb
Now that's my idea of a tool! biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
...She said on her wedding night...

lol2.gif

--DD
Aaron Cox
i bought the hex socket. worked just as good!
markb
Dave, your mind is in the gutter!! Move over, I wanna pass. laugh.gif
Bruce Allert
Question for those "in the know" cool.gif
Where else (on the 914) rolleyes.gif can this BAT be used?
URY914
No where.

You can also use a head of a bolt. Take a bolt and put double nuts on it tightened against each other. Stick the head of the bolt in the drain plug, put a open end wrench on the nut in the middle and back it out.

Paul
jonwatts
I tried the double-nut trick on my VW tranny years ago. Didn't work cuz the plug was tapered and damn hard to turn. Don't remember about the 901 box's plug.
Qarl
There's one for sale on E-bay right now.

Get your BAHW today!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=35625

Regards,

Karl
Curvie Roadlover
Got mine at a FLAPS that specialized in forgien car stuff. If you ask for a VW drain plug wrench it's $6.00. I suppose if you said it's for a "porsh" it's $12.00. If you say it's for a "porsh-a" it's $20.00
RustyWa
You know, that tool is like money in the bank! You'll always be able to sell that club to a scrap metal yard and get ALL your money back.

biggrin.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(RustyWa @ May 3 2003, 06:44 PM)
You know, that tool is like money in the bank! You'll always be able to sell that club to a scrap metal yard and get ALL your money back.

biggrin.gif

Double your money back. Tell 'em it's made of unobtainium blink.gif
Bruce Allert
The only thing that would get me to relinquish mine is if someone wanted to trade me a Henway...
cool.gif
bruce
jonwatts
What's a Henway?

(I'll play the straight man for once)
Lawrence
That's a cool one... I have a 17mm allen wrench, but it's nowhere near that long. I have to use a cheater on it.

But when putting the plugs back in, I generally use a small amount of antiseize (like plugs, lugnuts, exhaust nuts). Not gobs, just a smidge. I've never had one back out on me.

-Rusty
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(jonwatts @ May 3 2003, 09:42 PM)
What's a Henway?

(I'll play the straight man for once)

Jon,
'bout 5 pounds! clap56.gif
ba-da-da-dum cool.gif
rhodyguy
instead of that tool i used my updoc. much cheaper.

kevin
Joe Bob
QUOTE(Bruce Allert @ May 3 2003, 04:14 PM)
The old oil was brownish & translucent instead of clear brown.

If you used Swepco....it would be blue..... tongue.gif
Mike D.
Umm...translusent and clear are the same thing... mellow.gif
oil was brown & "Opaque" maybe...

Anyway, had to be better than the last tranny oil I drained. Looked like gold paint...powdered syncros maybe!
-Mike D.
Bruce Allert
QUOTE(Mike D. @ May 4 2003, 12:47 PM)
Umm...translusent and clear are the same thing... mellow.gif
oil was brown & "Opaque" maybe...

Anyway, had to be better than the last tranny oil I drained. Looked like gold paint...powdered syncros maybe!
-Mike D.

No way man lol2.gif
Mr. Webster says...
Transmitting light but causing sufficient diffusion to prevent perception of distinct images.
My erl was posalutely with diffusion an no way was thar any distinck thangs to gander at ('cept sum lil sparkly thangs) :flower:
bruce
Brad Roberts
Bruce,

is that a pipe snake in the background on the bench ??

B
Bruce Allert
Hey there Mr. B.
That is one of my garage sale ultimate finds for $5. It's a jewlers polishing tool or a bench top dremel. It's so quiet you hardly know it's running but it really has torque (don't remember what the hP of the motor is). Put a cutting wheel on it and it zips right thru. I used it with a wire brush wheel attachment to clean off the years of gunk on my injectors. Made them shine.
bruce
Joe Ricard
Yup I got one of them big Ole allen wrenches back when my 928 had a stuck plug. Ended up pulling the rear cover plate off drilling a hole in the middle of the plug then used the Big Ass wrench and a BIG pipe. I always put a little of that teflon paste on the threads. Teeners have a little more wiggle room once up on the jack stands. Still got away with putting my foot up on it and grabbing the axle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.