Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wheel off sets
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Markeydoo
What is the wheel off set for a stock 75 914? Or how can I find out what te off set is? I am looking at getting drilled stock 914 hubs and rotors and different wheels and tires and whant to know what will work. I have heard tha 7" in the rear and 6" fronts but don't knoe what the offset should be.
Thanks in advance
Mark
Aaron Cox
IIRC 36mm is the offset.
Bleyseng
Okay, how do you measure this 23mm offset? I know there is a site (info)somewhere but I am lazy. I measured (IIRC) the the backset of 4 bolt Fuchs was about 4.75 inches, measuring from the point of hub contact to the rims edge.
I know the 7"cookies offset is close but no cigar in fitment. Only those RSR 7" Fuchs slip in to a stock 914 fender.

Geoff <_<
seanery
Olav's car had 16x6 & 7 fuchs on it. I'm not sure what he had to do. Just roll the lip?

I'm putting 16x6 fuchs on all 4 corners since I can't run anything larger than a 205 anyway.
Aaron Cox
asketh and te shall recieveth biggrin.gif
http://members.rennlist.com/911pcars/WheelWts.html
Aaron Cox
IPB Image

IPB Image
seanery
Pay attention to the part #'s on that chart. They are for 911 wheels only.
951 and possibly 944 wheel offsets are different.
Bleyseng
Yes, the 6x15 36mm offset/112mmbackset Fuchs with a 205x50 fit the stock fenders fine.
The 7x15 Cookies need the fenders rolled bigtime...
Thanks
Aaron Cox
becuz they have the same offset so they stick out 1 inch further wink.gif
Mueller
7's with 205's on all four corners fit......if you have the perfect offset

35mm for the rear and 23mm for the front

you could run the same 35mm offset rims up front and just use a spacer to move them outwards (more of a cosmetic thing)

914's are strange in that you can run a slightly wider rims and tire up front than in the rear (when everything is stock)

are you getting the hubs redrilled for 5x130 or something "foreign"??? smile.gif
maf914
QUOTE(acox914 @ Sep 8 2004, 07:05 PM)
becuz they have the same offset so they stick out 1 inch further wink.gif

Aron,

I think you meant to say "becuz they have the same backspace they stick out 1 inch further". If they had the same offset the seven inch wheel would stick out only 1/2 inch more. smile.gif

At least I think that's right. wacko.gif

If you look at the chart you will see that the backspacing of the 6' and 7" wheels typically stays the same, while the offset varies by 13mm or about 1/2". smile.gif
Aaron Cox
i believe thats what i meant wink.gif
Bleyseng
And thats why the 7's rub like heck in the rear unless you pulled the fender quite a bit,

Geoff
Porsche Rescue
I thought I had this figured out: bigger offset # moves the wheel out, smaller moves it in. The outer rim of a 7" wheel with 50mm offset will be out from the hub 25mm farther than the same wheel with a 25mm offset. Correct?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Sep 9 2004, 08:59 AM)
I thought I had this figured out: bigger offset # moves the wheel out, smaller moves it in. The outer rim of a 7" wheel with 50mm offset will be out from the hub 25mm farther than the same wheel with a 25mm offset. Correct?

FALSE. that means that the hub would have to be 25mm longer for the wheel to sit in the same place. so that means the wheel would sit 25mm more IN.

there are also negative offset wheels too. wacko.gif
phantom914
QUOTE(Porsche Rescue @ Sep 9 2004, 07:59 AM)

More offset moves the wheel inboard more. Less offset moves the wheel out (more dish).

Zero offset means that the hub mating surface is exactly on the wheel centerline, positive offset means that it is moved outboard from centerline ( so the rim moves inboard) and negative offset means that it moves inboard (so the rim moves outboard).

Andrew
Aaron Cox
look at this chunk. 2 wheels, same width. one has MORE offset and sits farther in (911R), other wheel sits farther out
J P Stein
I gave up with offset long ago.

Backspace (backsize) and overall width is MUCH simpler. The 112mm backsize fits to the inside (around 5 inches)......with this in mind, ones concern is outside. A 7inch wheel sticks out one inch more than a 6 incher.
(both backsizes being the same). 8s are 2 inches, 9s are 3 inches. Go to a swap meat with a tape measure.

Offset is gud for scrub radius figuring and that's about it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.