Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FYI: looks like the Alien survived
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rick 918-S
The oil pump arrived. I installed it and put the shreaded belt back on and fired the motor. It seemed to run fine. No miss, no popping. I'm moving to the next step. I'm going to order a new belt and take some compression readings. The FFC is looking more like a possibility. idea.gif
markb
smilie_pokal.gif beer.gif boldblue.gif clap56.gif
SpecialK
QUOTE(markb @ Sep 8 2004, 09:12 PM)
smilie_pokal.gif beer.gif boldblue.gif clap56.gif

agree.gif

I've been dying to see this Porche powered beast! (fingers crossed for the compression check)
Mueller
so where did the offending piece of metal come from??

congrats on getting it up and running again pray.gif
swood
QUOTE(Special_K @ Sep 8 2004, 09:41 PM)
QUOTE(markb @ Sep 8 2004, 09:12 PM)
smilie_pokal.gif  :beer1:  :boing:  :clap:

agree.gif

I've been dying to see this Porche powered beast! (fingers crossed for the compression check)

agree.gif clap56.gif clap56.gif boldblue.gif pray.gif smilie_pokal.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(Mueller @ Sep 8 2004, 09:51 PM)
so where did the offending piece of metal come from??

congrats on getting it up and running again pray.gif

Still not 100% sure. But it looks like a piece of stainless steel crush washer. I found a piece in the passage for the oil cooling lines. It can't come from the pickup tube. the pickup in the bottom of the pan is completely gaurded by a fine screen. I think I caused this problem myself in my haste to assemble the car.
DNHunt
Great, that sounds like good news. we'll be pullin for ya

Dave
GaroldShaffer
The FFC is looking more like a possibility

It would be great if you guys could make even with out the Alien. I this is the fix.
Dave-O
SWEEEEEEEEET clap56.gif
seanery
Rick, I'm sure the guys here would love to see you and your car! wavey.gif
dinomium
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
I have always wanted to do that!

beerchug.gif here's to a happy ending here. Good luck Rick.
aircooledboy
That's really great news Rick. clap56.gif beerchug.gif

With a little bit'o luck, maybe we can have book end black 914-8s at the FFC. boldblue.gif monkeydance.gif
Eddie914
Great news!

My neigbor drives a 928. Great sounding exhaust. I should have come down for the WCC just to see and hear The Alien.

Eddie
Chris H.
Cool! Good thing you have a quick clutch foot and and ear for "the bad noises".

I don't know too much about 928 engines but I do know that it doesn't take much internal banging around to f$$k up the inside of one. If it runs good that is an excellent sign! Hopefully you are good to go. beerchug.gif
Curvie Roadlover
Great news Rick
I hope to see you and the Alien again at the FFC smilie_pokal.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(aircooledboy @ Sep 9 2004, 08:46 AM)
That's really great news Rick. clap56.gif beerchug.gif

With a little bit'o luck, maybe we can have book end black 914-8s at the FFC. boldblue.gif monkeydance.gif

We are Borg... assimilate.gif
Engman
DO NOT COME TO THE FFC!!!!!! PLEASE. cool.gif

If you manage to get the Alien there ... Ah shit.... - I will want one and have to start accumulating parts for one. All this talk about the Eights on this board is just too tempting.

M
rick 918-S
I need to take this day by day now. I'm among the last few claims reps left working for my company here in Mn. The rest were sent to Fla. for a 6 week cat duty. We are getting daily updates via Lotus and Teleconference. I could be sent to Florida for 6 weeks any time now. Most likely about the time the others return. Cross your fingers for me. Not that I want to shurk my responsibility. There are people there in real need. I just want to attend the FFC more!
GWN7
Good news Rick, hope to see you there. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.