Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Throttle Body Seal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eric Taylor
I'm really running into a lot of walls finding the round seal in the pic. All the VW shops I have called so far, said no, and there is no Vw cross reference. I guess Pelican has it NLA. I thought of making one, but when I went to both of the local flaps, they got fairly confused at the idea of making one. SO I just don't know what to do. What do you guys think? Is this a possiable thing to find? In my mind there should be a VW fuel injection seal of similar size, but I would have no idea which one. Maybe a type 3? bus? I just don't know. I've got a week to get the car back and running before I leave for college, and this is like one of the last thing's to do.Help!
Eric
swood
I recently purchased a few from Pelican. Did you talk to them or just look on their site? Call em.
Bruce Allert
Eric, is that for a 1.7? I have the rubber seal. It's in good shape. I'll be in Gleneden Beach Friday thru Sunday if you wanna get it. Need anything else for a 1.7?

......b
Eric Taylor
Bruce! Yes it's for a 1.7, wow that would be AWESOME! Um parts' for a 1.7? I could really use the boot from the throttle body to the air cleaner, and if you have the new style air cleaner it would be great!
Just let me know how much you would want for the parts, and i'll come get them. Give me a call at 961 - 1904 and we'll figure out a time and all that good stuff. Thank you So much!
Eric
Bruce Allert
I will look to see if I didn't cut the boot to do a jerry-rig adaption for the 2.0. I do have the paper style air cleaner too and it's in great shape. I think it has a clean filter in it also. I will call you when I get to Glen Eden Friday.

.......b
Cap'n Krusty
I have an intake boot available, and could probably ship it today. Most of the boots have had the little bump that holds the clip removed, mine included. The paper air filter elements are VERY hard to find, and tend to be somewhat expensive. They don't filter as well as the oil bath, but they're a bit cleaner to deal with. The conical seal is unique to the 914 and T4 with the 1.7 engine. The Cap'n
Mueller
914 and T4 with the 1.7 engine

could you use the same seal from a 1.8??? it looks the same the me...
Cap'n Krusty
Different diameter........................... The Cap'n
Eric Taylor
Sounds great bruce. Can't wait to hear from you.
C'apn: If bruces boot is cut then let me know how much. I'm deffinatly interested in replacing my piece of crap leaky one.
Eric
Bruce Allert
Well... like a dumb shit in a state of mind that is close to Darwin awardism I cut up both boots headbang.gif The filter assembly is in tact & good shape along with the rubber connical seal that fits the throttle body. I paid $40 for the air cleaner. You can have both pieces for $35. Saves me from puting them on EvilBay smile.gif
How long does it take you to get to GlenEden from Newport?

..........b
Porsche Rescue
Hey Eric, when I met you and your Dad at the first 914 gathering in Monmouth you were "just a high school kid". Now you are off to college! Best of luck to you and keep the beer and the 914 separate. You'll both last longer.
Bruce Allert
and keep the beer and the 914 separate. You'll both last longer.

Ah Jim..... I bin drivn' da teener t'golf drunk.gif golf= cigars & beer beer.gif smoke.gif

Oh well, my grama always tol'me never t'git old laugh.gif

........b
Eric Taylor
LOL, Yeah, we'll see, i'm leaving the teener at home for school anyway. I HAVE to take the audi smile.gif. SO that will be good. I'm thinking a Miata would be fun, but mom thinks' it's to unsafe. Bah, screw safety, the top goes down! But anyway, the drive to gleneden is like nothing, I think tops it's 20 minutes. Speaking of that monmuth get together, I really missed having that this year, it would have been good to have some teener contact this summer. Maybe An event at the beach next year? I don't know, there are some good teener roads. Anyway, we'll see what I can do.
Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.