Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1970 911T hot rod with MFI
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > Ads: All Other Non-914 Stuff
zymurgist
IPB Image

The previous owner took a long hood, no sunroof 1970 911T coupe and built a German hot rod. It was his daily driver and also a weekend racer. He owned it for something like 25 years.

What the PO told me:
Engine and MFI came from a 1972 911T (2.4) but was rebuilt with larger P&Cs.
Engine number 6120693
(I think they are nickies, as the original T cylinders were cast iron.)
I think the heads are S heads, but not 100% sure.
All typical case machining was done.
Also re-engineered the MFI pump to handle additional fuel requirements. (He was quite proud of that.)

Displacement is now 2.7 litres using the 2.4 engine case.
There is an external oil cooler in the right front wheel well (homebrew setup).
Carrera tensioners were fitted.
Engine number is 6120693.

Transmission is a 915 from a 911SC. It has an electronic speedometer (odometer does not work). Reverse lights aren't hooked up, but I think I have the parts for this. Grinds a bit going into first at a stop light; I work around it by shifting into 2nd and then into 1st. Not sure whether this is a clutch issue or a transmission issue. Brand new clutch cable, installed last year.

Brakes are 911S calipers up front, not sure what the rear brakes are. Master cylinder is a Mercedes unit that is larger than the stock Porsche part. The car stops as well as it goes.

Body is a great 10 foot car. There are a few dings here and there. Rust under rear buckets was fixed by a body man fabricating replacements in his shop, since the rear buckets are not available in reproduction. Other rust in a few spots on the pan, but overall the body is solid and it has lived indoors the entire time I have owned it. The front bumper is fiberglass, as is the rear ducktail lid.

I have replaced the headlight $witch since I owned the car, but it really should be rewired to use relays to kick the headlights on. Aftermarket radio blows fuses if you try to crank it. I think the engine sounds better anyway.

The 15 inch Fuchs are presentable, but not as nice looking as they could be. Brand new tires installed last week.

The car is a bit balky on cold starts, but once warmed up, the engine revs freely and will give you a rush above 4000 rpm. 185 rwhp, 170 ft-lb (per Dynojet). It steers and brakes like a 911 should. Probably the best handling car I've ever owned; very responsive, like a grown up go-kart.

I will include lots of extra parts, including the underdash A/C (removed for knee room), racing wheels/rubber (supposedly still have a few heat cycles left, but they are old), interior parts, engine parts, extra light fiberglass front bumper, even a set of brackets to mount through-the-grill fog/driving lights.

Also a fresh MFI thermostat from MFI Werks. (Not installed)

Why am I selling this car? I don't drive it that much any more. I bought a motorcycle last year and I am enjoying it a lot more. I also don't have much time to work on it. I think it should go to someone who will drive it and hopefully take it racing.

$16K OBO / make offer

More pictures here...
1970 Porsche 911T
zymurgist
icon_bump.gif
zymurgist
icon_bump.gif

Car will be at Hershey driving.gif
JmuRiz
Did you ever sell this one, my brother may have some interest.
zymurgist
No, I still have the 911. Pondering whether I should turn it into a donor for a 914/6 project, but Scotty told me I shouldn't take it apart.
JmuRiz
Oh yeah, don't take it apart...my brother may want to take a looksie biggrin.gif

I'd totally be interested if someone would have bought my Mercedes back when it was for-sale sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.