Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Windshield
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Schnell944
how much should a teener windshield cost?....haha, i spedded windshield wrong in the title....can u change the title?
Lawrence
Tinted band at the top... 300, installed?

Clear glass... bring cubic money.

-Rusty
Schnell944
grrreat, as tony the tiger would say.....at least it's not nearly as pricey as my 944's glass...sumthing like $1200 installed when insurance payed
Gint
This time last year I had a non-tint banded windshield installed in my driveway, on a Saturday, for $270.
GWN7
Local glass place quoted me $242 (CDN) installed, only problem was when they went to check availability, they didn't have one in their system. After checking around price went up to $550 (CDN) and they had to order it from some place in Atlanta.
Bleyseng
Price out a orginal Porsche windshield, haha if you can find one. Big $$$. My insurance company had a replace with oem clause in it, boy did they call me right back when they got the quote! It was $1400 so I did settle for a aftermarket one at $250 with no deductable.
Geoff
SirAndy
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ May 3 2003, 08:28 PM)
It was $1400 so I did settle for a aftermarket one at $250 with no deductable.

$250 sounds about right ...
markb
I replaced mine about 3 months ago. Listed for $1100.00, I got it installed for $350.00
Lawrence
Mark,

Did you have a band at the top? If not, please post your source. When I priced windshields some time back, the "all clear" ones were getting a premium.

-Rusty
markb
Yup, got the band at the top. He's just a local guy with a growing business. He asked what I'd been quoted from others, and underbid by a buck. Nice kid, very careful. He just put one in a customer car at the shop, and did another nice job.
vw505
so clear glass is worth how much , i think that is what is in my car .i looked and did not see a tint band on it. hmm maybe i could sell it for parts !
Dave Cawdrey
QUOTE(vw505 @ May 4 2003, 09:38 AM)
so clear glass is worth how much , i think that is what is in my car .i looked and did not see a tint band on it. hmm maybe i could sell it for parts !

Not a tint at the top. Its IN the glass. You notice it more when the glass is out.

Mine is sittin' right next to me biggrin.gif . Its got a blue-ish hue to it. Rear is also here. It has more of a white or clear look. Noticeable difference...
ChrisFoley
It's possible to get a windshield installed for $250 or less, but the glass has a different shape than the OEM windshields.
German 914 windshields have a compound curve most noticeable at the top. Most aftermarket 914 windshields have a flat curve, and the trim doesn't lay down nicely on them at the top.
BTW, does anyone know where Lexan windshields for racing are available?
URY914
I sold my w/s for $100 a few weeks ago. I guess I could have gotten a little more for it if I had seen these prices.
Oh well,

Paul

Chris, GT Racing may have lexan w/s, I know they have 911 side windows.
Don Wohlfarth
Chris, GT Racing has lexan windshield at 550. Place called Sheilds has 914 windshields around 410, the cheapest I could find. www.racingshields.com/
Bought PPG tinted for 205 not installed. I used a piece of 3/8 rubber hose and split it as a gasket. It's a race car and windshield is held in place by 2 brackets at the top and 2 at the bottom. When you don't have wipers, heat, defrost, or any windows, I didn't care if it wasn't waterproof. biggrin.gif
Lawrence
Ginter wrote:

This time last year I had a non-tint banded windshield installed in my driveway, on a Saturday, for $270.

I need to come out to Denver to get mine done next time. It'll be worth the trip.

-Rusty
Gint
I need to come out to Denver to get mine done next time. It'll be worth the trip.

Send me an email tomorrow during work to remind me and I'll call them to see if that price is still good.
Aaron Cox
im due for one too. PPG are the good ones right?
seanery
The PO (or Craig) put a new windshield in my 72. It's a PPG and I have to say, it's pretty nice. I compared it with a friend of mine who had a new windshield put in his and it is a little nicer than his.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.