Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Boxster
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
echocanyons
The Boxster has offically outlasted the 914 in the number of years produced.

They have slated the next boxster with some refinements if your interested heres a link
new boxster
boxstr
The 914 went through the same refinement period, 73, sideshifter trans, 75-76 big ugly black bumpers, improved ventalation .
The Boxster is IMHO what the 914 would be today if it had a continuis production run. I say embrace the Boxster as though it were the 914 back after a styling hiatusor if you will a "refinement period".
CCLINVEHICLEDEALERAPPLICATION
BatAc
The 914 is on blocks. A 904, spyder, boxster and let's see what else, oh yes, that new one what's it called? That's all I need for my mid engine porsche collection, correct (would the 917K fall in here)? Well I should at least start with finishing the teener.

PS the boxster at some point is at least doable.
anthony
The Boxster is IMHO what the 914 would be today if it had a continuis production run.

Except it's a convertible instead of a targa with a hard top. I love the targa hard top configuration. I like cruising with the top off and the windows up in the evening without getting the wind you get in the cabin with a convertible.

They are making a Boxster coupe though so that's good news.
JmuRiz
I'm partial to the targa also, always have been.

Speaking of new cars, Porsche has been really busy haven't they. In 2 years time they've come out with a new, SUV, 911, Boxster, supercar Carrera GT.
Not too many other car companies have done something like that. I guess Ferrari is trying it also, with the 612, F430, new 575 replacement and the Enzo. Seems like a good time to like euro sportscars no>?

Having said that, get ride of the bars on the side and front intakes and it's a sharp looking car.
Brando
I have to ask... is there a way to get a boxster body kit for my 914? w00t.gif
airsix
QUOTE(Brando @ Sep 9 2004, 12:17 PM)
I have to ask... is there a way to get a boxster body kit for my 914? w00t.gif

There is a kit, but it's exepensive. Basically it works like this:

1) Buy a boxster
2) move your CD collection from the 914 to the Boxster.
3) done.*

*If you experience difficutly migrating to the new platform try splashing some motor oil under the boxter and loostening the bolts on the shifter cables. This may make getting used to the new car easier. wink.gif

-Ben M.
Mueller
all kidding aside (or was he kidding??? smile.gif )

fiberglass panels are already made for the boxster, but you'd have to figure out how to hang them on the 914........not too sure how much bigger the boxster is, so it might look odd or need to have the wheel base stretched or the body panels made smaller to fit.........

I have seen one 914 with the newer 996/Boxster front end on it....looks different, however it's not finished yet, so well see how the final project looks, I think it'll be neat............
neo914-6
I have seen one 914 with the newer 996/Boxster front end on it....looks different, however it's not finished yet, so well see how the final project looks, I think it'll be neat............

It will be a novel attempt (I DO applaud the effort). The 914 has simple blunt shapes. Most of the 914's character IMHO is the proportion and simplicity. Introducing rounded shapes in one area will not looked balanced. If it is well executed throughout the body, you may no longer be able to call it a 914...Maybe someone should install the 914 targa rollbar or the signal light pods on the boxster. laugh.gif
Felix
Andyrew
Tell Porsche AG they need to make a targa boxster....

Bingo!
red914
QUOTE(airsix @ Sep 9 2004, 01:13 PM)
QUOTE(Brando @ Sep 9 2004, 12:17 PM)
I have to ask... is there a way to get a boxster body kit for my 914?  :woohoo:

There is a kit, but it's exepensive. Basically it works like this:

1) Buy a boxster
2) move your CD collection from the 914 to the Boxster.
3) done.*

*If you experience difficutly migrating to the new platform try splashing some motor oil under the boxter and loostening the bolts on the shifter cables. This may make getting used to the new car easier. wink.gif

-Ben M.

chairfall.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.