Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sebring 2012 - Who's going?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Zimms
Sebring is 24 days away, and just the WEC entries bring 30 cars to the grid. With no Peugeots, the Audi's will most likely win outright, but the Hondas could have a chance if they falter.

So, who is planning on going? I'll be on the outside of Turn 1, spots 114 & 115. I am leaving the Yeager home this year. Good on race cars, not good in me...

Maybe a little get together after night practice? Some beer3.gif and music somewhere?
bcheney
QUOTE(Zimms @ Feb 21 2012, 11:55 AM) *

Sebring is 24 days away, and just the WEC entries bring 30 cars to the grid. With no Peugeots, the Audi's will most likely win outright, but the Hondas could have a chance if they falter.

So, who is planning on going? I'll be on the outside of Turn 1, spots 114 & 115. I am leaving the Yeager home this year. Good on race cars, not good in me...

Maybe a little get together after night practice? Some beer3.gif and music somewhere?

I will be there! Looking forward to seeing some 914 Brothers!
Madswede
I believe it's the 60th anniversary of the race, too. Wish I could ... new job means precious little vacation and travel time for me this year. sad.gif Still trying to balance out Rt66 and even late-year FL Ramble ... wish I could be at Sebring this year, but it looks like another absentee for me. Someone go hang out at turn 6, infield/party zone (the real one), closest berm to the drive-over bridge in honor of me, Joe O'Brien, and company. beerchug.gif

EDIT: OK then, Joe's going ... that's probably where he'll be then. laugh.gif
Series9
I'll be there. beerchug.gif
URY914
I'm going to the HSR races March 1-4 weekend. I'll get some 914 shots. driving.gif
stuttgart46
It's killing me not to go this year. I haven't missed one in a long time.
Is the entry list posted somewhere online?
carr914
I'm trying to finalize my Racing Deal for Sebring today driving.gif
maf914
The complete entry list has not yet been released as far I know, but the 30 car WEC portion has been. It's on the Sebring web site. Add in the ALMS entries and it should total 50 or so. Does anyone know the maximum entry at Sebring, which I believe is based on the available pit boxes?

http://sebringraceway.com/index.lasso
URY914
They have had many more start in the past. Shared pits until someone drops out?
TurbOH Brad
I'll be there for sure, covering the race for...various media institutions...

I went last year, it was a hoot!
rfuerst911sc
I'll be there Thursday - Sunday I got a volunteer gig at the track. So I get in free !!!
carr914
QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Feb 22 2012, 06:54 PM) *

I'll be there Thursday - Sunday I got a volunteer gig at the track. So I get in free !!!

There is no Sunday - it's over Sat Nite
URY914
I haven't seen any news on the AAR pencil car. It was to run Sebring as a warm-up to LeMans. You know the failed Indy car design with the narrow front track. Anyone seen anything of it?
ThePaintedMan
I'll be there fo sho! 26 years straight and wouldn't miss it for the world.
carr914
QUOTE(URY914 @ Feb 22 2012, 08:44 PM) *

I haven't seen any news on the AAR pencil car. It was to run Sebring as a warm-up to LeMans. You know the failed Indy car design with the narrow front track. Anyone seen anything of it?

It only has the Exemption to run at LeMans
Zimms
Did you lock down a ride TC?
maf914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 22 2012, 04:02 PM) *

TC, That sounds like one of those Mayan End-of-World calender predictions. laugh.gif
URY914
QUOTE(maf914 @ Feb 23 2012, 01:51 PM) *

TC, That sounds like one of those Mayan End-of-World calender predictions. laugh.gif

Oh Shit! I better go to the race since it will be the last.
rfuerst911sc

QUOTE(rfuerst911sc @ Feb 22 2012, 06:54 PM) *

Sunday will be help break down the RV and recover from the hangover before driving back to Georgia biggrin.gif
carr914
QUOTE(maf914 @ Feb 23 2012, 03:51 PM) *

If you've woken up @ Sebring on a Sunday Morning, it feels like they built a Mayan Pyramid inside your head drunk.gif
ThePaintedMan
Or the conquered Aztecs.... its like a wasteland by 10 a.m. Usually no one in sight. I have no idea how people drag themselves out of there that early. I usually wait till at least noon. Gotta finish the rest of the beer!
carr914
QUOTE(Zimms @ Feb 23 2012, 09:47 AM) *

Not yet, I'm getting seriously tired of the fuchin waiting. headbang.gif I didn't get the Funding for the whole season, but the Man w/ the Money is out Skiing in Colorado and has been impossible to get to this week.
Zimms
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Feb 23 2012, 07:19 PM) *

I have no idea how people drag themselves out of there that early.

That would be the plane flight home. Always dreadful for the poor bastard I sit next to.

26 years is impressive. Your parents had their priorities right!
ThePaintedMan

laugh.gif I love being drunk on planes. Always makes it more interesting for everyone. Yeah, dad never gave up. This will be his 46th straight, I believe. I distinctly remember a couple Sebrings where he and I went alone (for many of the years my sister and mom went too) with little more than cokes, beer and cheetos cause times were tough. Which is funny cause thats still pretty much all I bring to the race, minus the cokes of course. I finally met a girl who loves it almost as much as I do as well (previous picture) but unfortunately she won't be there due to classes. In that case, F-Troop, here we come!

-G

QUOTE(Zimms @ Feb 23 2012, 08:03 PM) *

QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Feb 23 2012, 07:19 PM) *

I have no idea how people drag themselves out of there that early.

That would be the plane flight home. Always dreadful for the poor bastard I sit next to.

26 years is impressive. Your parents had their priorities right!

Zimms
The entry list is up. 64 cars, no Delta Wing.

No Risi Ferrari either.

Sebring 2012 entry list
carr914

No, my (potential) Sponsor got squirrely on me and I wasn't going to foot the Bill 100%
Zimms
Sorry to hear that. I guess that leaves some time to beer3.gif.
vintage914racer
I'll be there with the wife.
ThePaintedMan
Okay, so whats the plan? Anyone up for a few brews on Friday night? I would certainly offer to host if no one else does. I can send my digits to everyone if you'd like. We're on the outside of Gurney Bend near the drive over.
carr914
QUOTE(carr914 @ Mar 5 2012, 05:23 PM) *

No, my (potential) Sponsor got squirrely on me and I wasn't going to foot the Bill 100%

QUOTE(Zimms @ Mar 5 2012, 06:33 PM) *

Sorry to hear that. I guess that leaves some time to beer3.gif.

Actually, I will not be at Sebring at all. Between not getting the sponsorship to race and the fact that I can't get there Wednesday as usual, made me re-consider.

However, if anybody who is driving home from Sebring on Sunday wants to watch some other racing, I am in a Pro-Am "Dan Wheldon Memorial" karting event on Sunday about an Hour west of Sebring. I will be racing against Dario Franchetti, Patrick Long, Ricky & Jordan Taylor, Colin Braun and others.
Zimms
Sorry to hear that TC. What time is the karting?

24 hours and I'll be in Florida! Hello orange groves!
carr914
The 1st Annual Pro-Am Karting for Dan Wheldon is set to kick off at 1pm on Sunday @ Anderson Motorsports Track in Palmetto. It is basically Due West of Sebring. I'm going to run 5 Kart Races tonight, then practice about an Hour on saturday

QUOTE(Zimms @ Mar 13 2012, 04:33 PM) *

Sorry to hear that TC. What time is the karting?

24 hours and I'll be in Florida! Hello orange groves!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.