Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: heat exchanger questions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Schnell944
hey guys, i have a set of heat exchangers that i havent gotten around to using, and don't think i will. I cleaned them up a while ago, and they're in descent shape. obviously not concourse, but they're useable. first off, can anyone tell what years these can be used on? also, one appears to be longer than the other....is this correct. thirdly, how much are these guys worth? and lastly, does anyone here want them? thanks!
IPB Image
IPB Image
Aaron Cox
they look like 2.0 h/e's off a 73-74

theyre not stainless right
Schnell944
they dont look to be stainless. what would be the difference in an old stainless set as opposed to an old steel one? more corrosion?
lapuwali
One should be longer than the other. The cylinder banks are offset significantly, but the muffler connections are not.
opera guy
QUOTE(Schnell944 @ Sep 9 2004, 10:05 AM)
they dont look to be stainless. what would be the difference in an old stainless set as opposed to an old steel one? more corrosion?

slap some motor oil on them, that will slow down the rusting ohmy.gif ar15.gif rust
Schnell944
value? anyone need them?
Allan
I have a set that you can have for free if you can replace the left clamshell. As long as you pay for transportation. smile.gif
TheCabinetmaker
can you shoot a pic of the muffler flanges next to each other?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.