Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Found my first "project" car, ouch...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gil914
There can't be more than one east coast 68 XKE 2+2 automatic, black interior, originally pearl blue repainted to burgandy (don't remember the factory color names).

Bought it for $2100, rebuilt the motor, drove it a bunch, fixed it a bunch. Brought it back east with me, had no garage so I sold it for $5K. Now the hood alone is worth more than that which is why its gone and the rest remains. I hope I don't look that bad in 20 years...

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Jaguar-XKE-...=item2a19fb374a
wingnut86
...hmmm, actually.

I know where you can get all the spare bits you need if you buy her again biggrin.gif

Seriously, i've got a top drawer brit parts and expertise guy not 15 minutes from me in the Carolinas. Real nice guy, turned down a visit for American Pickers to visit his business and free advertisement, now they won't return my other calls for Carolina based leads for my favorite show dry.gif

Unfortunately, the only German makes he has are Benz's and a 1973 911 that has more age than she needs. He has a complete rear turbo clip that comes with the 911 targa to fix her bent tail, but he also has British pricing in mind biggrin.gif

NOTE: This is off topic - but for those who have heard me hint at this previously secret connection, he used to also have a used Porsche car stable of 25 odd 9-cars that he sold to a "guy" in Atlanta some 8 years ago or more. I can't afford parts currently, or I'd request some of those NOS BOSCH injectors that he told me he had. I will accept PMs to make the connection for site members in good standing, but I cannot post his numbers here, sorry...

Wingnut86

gil914
I was 19 and impulisve with a new 9-5 job paying big bucks (for the day). The first pretty face that came along....To my credit I tried to by a dhc but Mom vetoed it due to the $10K price. Seriously, a 2+2 automatic, yikes... Too bad I didn't walk into a dealership with a 68 911E on the lot, oh well....Now my wife does the vetoing, no need to send me any phone numbers....

billh1963
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Feb 21 2012, 03:34 PM) *

Seriously, i've got a top drawer brit parts and expertise guy not 15 minutes from me in the Carolinas. Real nice guy, turned down a visit for American Pickers to visit his business and free advertisement, now they won't return my other calls for Carolina based leads for my favorite show dry.gif

Wingnut86

Not Bill Broome is it? dry.gif

While going to USC my roomate drove a Spitfire and we used to hang out in his junkyard getting used parts. Back then you could buy XK140's for $3 and $4K from him that were running. He had all kinds of cool stuff including a Sunbeam Harrington LeMans he wanted $400 for. I wanted that car but just didn't have the scratch! sad.gif

wingnut86
PMs only, even for you Bill biggrin.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(wingnut86 @ Feb 21 2012, 06:04 PM) *

PMs only, even for you Bill biggrin.gif

It was worth a try. lol-2.gif

Besides, everyone knows I only buy rusty junk cars! happy11.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.