Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brumos 914 Cage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
McMark
Anyone have more detailed pictures of the cage in this car?
carr914
Contact 9werks - he works at Brumos

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
sixnotfour
www.codyellsworthracing.com

bought the car after the crash. I don't think it the same as the one in the first photo
sixnotfour
yup his new car
carr914
I don't think Cody's car is the same. I believe Brumos still has the car as it was Bob Snodgrass's car & the one Hurley takes out every once & while
wndsnd
I saw that car crashed at the Rennsport Reunion at Lime Rock Years age. Paul Newman was driving it at the time of crase. I got t couple of shots here. Newman in on the triailer steps haveing a jitter beer just after the crash. beer.gif
EdwardBlume
That's awesome... that Paul N drove a 914.

That's not awesome to see a crash.
Randal
QUOTE(RobW @ Feb 22 2012, 06:46 PM) *

I think he was +/- 80 at the time of this crash and still a good driver. And if I remember correctly he got taken out by some bozo trying to win the race in the first
corner.

Like Mark, I'd like to see how the cage was tied down - also the cross bars in back (and front).

ThePaintedMan
Very cool car. But it is NOT Codys. Call me a jealous beehotch, but his dad is the one that rebuilt it. Doubt Cody himself could afford the kind of work that it looks like that car needed. I saw it race a few times at Sebring in SCCA. Definitely quick car though.
carr914
QUOTE(Randal @ Feb 22 2012, 10:12 PM) *

QUOTE(RobW @ Feb 22 2012, 06:46 PM) *

I think he was +/- 80 at the time of this crash and still a good driver. And if I remember correctly he got taken out by some bozo trying to win the race in the first
corner.

PLN Died at the age of 83, so he was 76 at the time of the crash

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Racing916
It looks like the cage is missing the diagonal bar on the back hoop from one side to the other. I know PCA and SCCA probably would not let it pass tech if you used that one. That is if the car is going to be raced. Just an fyi.

Steve
ThePaintedMan
This is from last year. I believe the car is grandfathered into SCCA Vintage in this config, but I don't know about HSR, etc. At least, I think this is the same car?
stownsen914
QUOTE(Racing916 @ Feb 23 2012, 09:12 AM) *

It looks like the cage is missing the diagonal bar on the back hoop from one side to the other. I know PCA and SCCA probably would not let it pass tech if you used that one. That is if the car is going to be raced. Just an fyi.

Steve

Yes, seriously ... a main hoop without a diagonal bar is next to useless, especially in an open car. I rolled a stockish 914 once that had a bar with a diagonal (luckily). During the rollover, the main hoop on the driver's side was pushed sideways toward the passenger side, and only stopped crumpling at the diagonal ... right next to my head! I dare say it woud've been ugly without that diagonal ...

Scott
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.