Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Roll Call: GGR AX 7 Alameda Point 9/11
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nebreitling
i'll be there. who else is headed up?

jenny? britain? andy? trekkor? randal? others?
anthony
I'm a maybe.
nebreitling
SC or the 914?
Britain Smith
Definitely for me...
Jenny
Heading down to the GAF. Sorry. Next year may be a better AX year for me. This summer's been crazy busy.

BTW, Britain, met some of your co-workers while Brian was selling his bike. They think my 914 sounds faster than yours. laugh.gif Don't worry, I told them you kick much ass in your puny 1.7L.

Jen
lapuwali
I'm a maybe. I have crap tires for this. Haven't done it in 10 years. The 914 is still a tad "iffy". Really, really ought to use the time to make it less iffy.

I notice the PCA site mentions morning and afternoon sessions. This crowd usually morning, afternoon, or all day?
Britain Smith
Just come all day...it is the most fun that way.

Hey Jenny...one of those guys works in my group.

-Britain
SirAndy
i'll be there, but just as a spectator wink.gif

driving.gif Andy
Demick
I'll be there (after my 400 mile (100 miles early) break-in service on Friday night).

Demick
Britain Smith
Why are you not going to run Andy? I thought you had everything together...

-Britain
Allan
Hey Andy, am I all F@@ked up or are we talking about different dates. Damn sorry I gotta go look. cool.gif
anthony
SC or the 914?

The SC. The 914 is in sorry shape. It got a flat tire so it's riding on one baldy that needs to be replaced and one original Continental tire. Work has been crazy and I haven't had time to give the car the attention it deserves. I've also been meditating on whether to buy two new tires (cheap solution) or buy 4 new Falkens (more expensive solution). And after that it badly needs a front end alignment.
Trekkor
I'm in!

Wait 'til you see the WWW.WILLSTILE.COM window banner!

I'll be trying out my new attitude, also wink.gif

KT
SirAndy
QUOTE(Headrage @ Sep 9 2004, 05:38 PM)
Hey Andy, am I all F@@ked up or are we talking about different dates. Damn sorry I gotta go look. cool.gif

huh?

confused24.gif Andy
SirAndy
QUOTE(Britain Smith @ Sep 9 2004, 05:31 PM)
Why are you not going to run Andy?  I thought you had everything together...

nope ...

can't run the slicks until i get the new (un-bent) trailing arms installed which are still at the powder-coater.

plus i'm still waiting on muellers bearings ...

plus, the street tires are bald, can't run 'em either.

plus, it's running too lean, gotta adjust the carbs some more.

plus, i have tons of work to do at my "real" job, so i won't have time to do any of the above before the event.

sad.gif Andy
Randal
With 914 dirty hands he types:

I'm in.

You can take a run in my car Andy. We'll put the 430's on so you can feel how they handle.

My shifter(*) feels great and hopefully all will be in order, but I guess I'll find out tomorrow night when I load up.

(*) The A typical 15 minute job that took a couple of bills and 10 hours of running around.
Britain Smith
Alrighty, I am all ready now. I just transplanted the shifter bushings from my 912 shifter (I have a tailshift tranny) to help with the sloppy shifter and put on my Falkins. My 912 will be getting a 915 tranny so it won't miss the parts. Took it out for a test drive and I am ready to kick some butt.

-Britain
Steve_7x
I'll be there though I sense the issues (occasional mis-fire) have not been solved yet.

One way or the other it will be fun. See you out there!

Steve
Trekkor
All trailered up and ready to go.

I'll watch some in-car video to get all psyched up. wacko.gif

See you all in the paddock.

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.