Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No more boxters?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914MF
The October Car and Driver said the Boxter is dead? What is that about? blink.gif
Aaron Cox
read that too. but porsche just revamped it confused24.gif wacko.gif
Aaron Cox
see This thread
Stutgart46
If Dale or Rusty don't drive it, Car and Driver don't like it. Stick to the sensible publications like Excellence, GT, and Grassroots Motorsports. I wouldn't read that rag Car and Driver if it was last thing on the table in the waiting room.
Just wait till the new Boxster shows up. It's going to be just as exciting as it was in the mid '90's. It's a beautiful car and with a Coupe soon to follow added by a Club Sport version, you can just imagine how much fun this car is going to be.
GaroldShaffer
It's a beautiful car and with a Coupe soon to follow added by a Club Sport version, you can just imagine how much fun this car is going to be
boldblue.gif

So many cars.... so little money...... mad.gif sad.gif
Now where did I put that loto ticket......
dinomium
Car and Driver once picked a Pontiac GTO over a Ferrari GTO on performance! barf.gif They ran a simular test in the 80s and gave more kudos to the Ferrari, but it is still a RAG!
lame test
i love porsche
forget what c/d says, theyre full of crap, the new boxster is totally redesigned...it looks gorgeous! and its got boosted HP, what could be bad?
markb
Anybody seen the James Dean Spyder edition Boxster? I hear they're pretty cool
michaelmoo
Actually there is some truth to that rumor. I drove a 997 a week or so ago, and was talking to the salesguy and he told me that Porsche had a meeting with all the sales managers and told them the Boxster was going to be discontinued after the new (987) series life cycle. After the test drive a man from PCNA wanted to talk to all the people who drove the 997 to see what they thought, and I asked him about the Boxster being “discontinued”. He didn’t deny it, but he didn’t confirm it either. He just kinda danced around the issue. After that day I was lead to believe that the Boxster will not exists after the 987. But the salesguy said Porsche is trying to decide on several new models. He said the one that he was the most excited was a Miata fighter. It would be a small rear engine four cylinder (based off the boxster engine, he said it was developed for a cheaper version of the Boxster) Speedsterish convertible. He also mentioned a large $150K type Ferrari type coupe, an Audi S6 type sedan, and/or a pick-up version of the Cayenne (which I found out the Cayanne is called a 955). He then chuckled after saying pick-up…. Time will tell.
Stutgart46
Porsche has been doing feild tests on the Cayene Pickup in California and in the Nevada desert for the past year or so. That's just what they need. Come on, this is a sports car company, right? The talks of an A6 sedan type Porsche are sick. What are they trying to do here.
I have heard the rumor about the Ferrari fighter and I hope they procede. It sounds like a great car for GTS in ALMS competition.
As far as the 4 banger, Miata fighter, why don't they sell a stripped version of the Boxster for mid the mid $30's price range and keep the 6.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.