Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS 1972 914-6 #0091
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Cairo94507
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...5#ht_599wt_1182

Interesting car - personally I do not like the sloped front end, but the car seems nice regardless. Looks like the current owner has put a lot of work into it and has the matching transaxle and engine case. This car is worth some money.
carr914
Owner is a Very Good Friend of mine and a Member here (9Werks). I sourced the Original Engine Case for him, I think it had a 911S Motor when he got it. He works up at Brumos in Jacksonville. He has owned at least 4 Real 914-6s. I talked to him last night about my car & today about his. I put in a Ceremonial Bid of $914 when there were 9 Days 14 Hours left in the Auction biggrin.gif

I have bought a 914-6, 911 Cab & a Vintage Volvo from him, he has bought 2 74 Carreras, and a Harley Truck from me.

The Steel Slope is nicely done - I would expect this car to go back home to Germany.

Here is the car when he bought it with my 911 behind it. It was White, but it has had a Bare Metal Repaint back to Silver.

Click to view attachment
carr914
Here it is in Silver

Click to view attachment
carr914
Here is his Old Shop drooley.gif

He knows Porsches!

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
racerbvd
We were offered that car back in 2006, decided against it, took the cash instead.
That int was wild.
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

tod914
Very interesting car. T.C. can you elaborate on the ROW market and who did the custom panel work?
pete000
Sort of a Gemballa 914...

I also agree it will probably go back to Germany and get sorted back to stock.

carr914
QUOTE(tod914 @ Feb 21 2012, 09:53 PM) *

Very interesting car. T.C. can you elaborate on the ROW market and who did the custom panel work?

I know the Custom Front end was done in Europe ( Italy I think). I'm not sure what the ROW question is - but obviously 72's are rare by themselves due to the very low number made and a ROW 72 would be a even lower number.

I think it will go back home to Europe, but I'm not sure everyone there would undo the front end. I have quite a few pictures of European 914-6s with the same treatment (these pictures may have convinced him to keep the front end)

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

I would have changed the front end, but I understand why he didn't - he planned on keeping the car, but like me, life changes and we don't have time to work on cars like we used to.

Here is a picture right after the paint

Click to view attachment

9werks
Wow, TC, when I stripped the paint off my car one of the colors it was painted before it was white was Gemini Blue... and had 8&9's like the one in your photo.
IronHillRestorations
With the low headlights, I wonder if it's street legal in the US.
gil914
How come it has the ignition on the column? I thought -6s had the ignition on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. Is this a 72 only thing? Just curious...
curtis
QUOTE(gil914 @ Feb 22 2012, 07:03 AM) *

How come it has the ignition on the column? I thought -6s had the ignition on the dash to the left of the steering wheel. Is this a 72 only thing? Just curious...

Only the 72 sixes had the four clynder style steering column ignition switch.
EdwardBlume
I hate slant nose cars, but I really dig this 914-6. I wish I could buy it. idea.gif
Mike Bellis
The COA call out A/C. Where is the hole in the trunk?
carr914
Like most CoA's for our cars, that one is incorrect
carr914
QUOTE(9werks @ Feb 22 2012, 07:09 AM) *

Wow, TC, when I stripped the paint off my car one of the colors it was painted before it was white was Gemini Blue... and had 8&9's like the one in your photo.

With that side reflector on the edge of the front 916 Bumper, it could be one & the same
9werks
My car sold off EBay to a local buyer who picked it up today... leaving me sad and a bit remorseful.

For those of you who keep track of (or are simply curious as to) the current values of these rare 914's, the sale was just south of $40K.
Cairo94507
Nice and congratulations. Glad to see it staying in the states.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.