Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914ap changes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
morph
In a dark horse barn in west Hillsboro, a deal was struck. 914ap will no longer be selling parts to the public by the end of 2012 (or much sooner). Mark Whitesell, owner of 914 rubber, will be the public retailer of all 914ap.com parts. Over the years Ive had some health problems and Hiedi is done with shipping parts and doing paperwork, she has a day job that keeps her pretty busy. To alleviate our lack of customer service in the last couple of years, Mark will be buying 914ap parts and keeping them in inventory so that they can be shipped in a timely manner. 914ap will be manufacturing all of the same quality parts that we have been selling for years. As parts are listed on 914rubber, we will be taking them down for purchase from our website. In addition to the changes we will be adding installation guides to our website and we will still be offering upholstery services for all of the factory interior components.
mepstein
Congrats guys! beerchug.gif
JRust
Congrats to both James & Mark! Sounds like a good fit for you both
shoguneagle
Morph,

Very sorry you will not be providing the quality products you have in the past. Everything you and your wife did reflects the care, quality, etc. in every part you made. hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif hissyfit.gif

You could not find a better person or manufacturer to transfer part or all of you activiities to Mark. He has always provided the highest quality, care, and customer relations in his activities. Your business activities should blend very nicely to his operations with the highest quality and care in manufacturing/service activities. beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif beerchug.gif

aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif

Wish the best to you and your wife in your present and future endeavors.
Andyrew
Congrats both of you!
SirAndy
first.gif
Strudelwagon
Bow-Chica-Bowwow!
The west coast rebellion is growing stronger every day.
Nice going guys! aktion035.gif
wingnut86
Dangit!

Another obstacle to an affordable Carbon Fiber teener has been placed in front of me
beer.gif

Aw shucks, damn KARMA biggrin.gif

This is like hotdogs and mustard being introduced for the 1st time ever. A match made in heaven

first.gif
Gint
Grats guys! That could work out pretty well.
morph
We will be still selling parts.We just chose Mark to represent us.
Due to his commitment to carry our parts in inventory,and buy them in volume.
It does two things,i have hired two more people to keep up with the volume,and i have more time to design new parts.
we are still in business and are still 914ap.
James
Dr Evil
Great news for everyone smile.gif This is awesome!
wingnut86
It's all about bringing jobs back to the US flag.gif

Next up: 914Rubber's 1st medical director, based in PA beerchug.gif
Mr.242
Congrats....good to know your talents will still be doing the interior parts. Cuz we all know that Mark can only do rubber parts and exterior items. beerchug.gif

GeorgeRud
Thanks for all your help in the past, and I hope this will allow you to do what you enjoy the most. Paperwork and shipping can truly be a pain.
Lennies914
beerchug.gif Nice! Sounds like a good arrangement.
messix
in cooperation from you guys we will benefit! cheer.gif

thats awesome that this deal works out for everone! smilie_pokal.gif
ConeDodger
beerchug.gif
markb
Congrats to both! I look forward to many purcha$$e$ in the future.
Mikey914
Yes,
I think this is a good synergy for both of us. This will also free up James to work on more new projects. We have some very excighting ideas on the drawing board. The process will be phased in over the next few months. It will take some time to build up a large enough inventory to effectively service the products.

On the same thought, we are adding a new website that will be linked directly to 914Rubber.com, it's 914Stuff.com - Not just rubber anymore.

This is actually coming together pretty quickly.

MDG
Both great guys to deal with. Congratulations on the venture smilie_pokal.gif
Richard Casto
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 22 2012, 01:15 AM) *

914Stuff.com - Not just rubber anymore.

Now that is a tagline!

Congratulations!

beerchug.gif

Richard
ellisor3
Two of my favorite vendors now ONE. Congratulations.
Maybe you could buy out AA? chair.gif
RJMII
no way! It was raining in Oregon?!?

Congrats, guys. smile.gif It makes perfect sense.
zymurgist
Great to hear it, James! I'll be needing interior parts, but it's kinda far down the list right now, and I'm glad you'll still be making them.
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(morph @ Feb 21 2012, 09:46 PM) *

In a dark horse barn in west Hillsboro, a deal was struck. 914ap will no longer be selling parts to the public by the end of 2012 (or much sooner). Mark Whitesell, owner of 914 rubber, will be the public retailer of all 914ap.com parts. Over the years Ive had some health problems and Hiedi is done with shipping parts and doing paperwork, she has a day job that keeps her pretty busy. To alleviate our lack of customer service in the last couple of years, Mark will be buying 914ap parts and keeping them in inventory so that they can be shipped in a timely manner. 914ap will be manufacturing all of the same quality parts that we have been selling for years. As parts are listed on 914rubber, we will be taking them down for purchase from our website. In addition to the changes we will be adding installation guides to our website and we will still be offering upholstery services for all of the factory interior components.

congradulations, sounds like a win , win!

i have a question. when does this start? are you still receiving orders?

i ask because i had just been on your site and ordered door panals from you and paid via paypal- yesterday, before i saw this posted.

Please let me know whether or not you are processing these orders at this time.

Thanks

Phil
morph
We are still proccessing orders at this time just making customers aware of the coming change.
james
914werke
Good job guys, & not a bad picture!
so my condom T-shirt is a collectors item?
jsayre914
Great news guys

cheer.gif

Now we need to think of more things you could manufacture idea.gif

biggrin.gif
Mikey914
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Feb 22 2012, 08:44 AM) *

Good job guys, & not a bad picture!
so my condom T-shirt is a collectors item?

Not yet,
I'm doing another run for WCR.
MoveQik
QUOTE(Richard Casto @ Feb 22 2012, 05:54 AM) *

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 22 2012, 01:15 AM) *

914Stuff.com - Not just rubber anymore.

Now that is a tagline!

Richard

agree.gif

Congrats!
johannes
Those are very good news !!!

Thank you again...

Joe Owensby
Good luck to both of you. I have been very happy with the parts I have gotten from both of you. Thanks, JoeO
nsr-jamie
Sounds good !! Congrats !! Now can I make a request if possible?? Any chance of seat upholstery kits coming out using the corduroy inserts? I have always loved the corduroy more than the basket weave but can not seem to find any kits using a quality material (automotive grade) and for a good price....thats something I would like to see some day if possible.

Cheers beerchug.gif
Hammy
This is fantastic news to my eyes because 914ap and 914rubber are my two absolute favorite member vendors. I was worried about one or the other dwindling off and now joining forces proves it will only make them stronger and hopefully continue to bring us current and more great 914 products. Party.
Krieger
This is great news! Best of wishes in the new endeavor!
Mikey914
QUOTE(nsr-jamie @ Feb 22 2012, 07:47 PM) *

Sounds good !! Congrats !! Now can I make a request if possible?? Any chance of seat upholstery kits coming out using the corduroy inserts? I have always loved the corduroy more than the basket weave but can not seem to find any kits using a quality material (automotive grade) and for a good price....thats something I would like to see some day if possible.

Cheers beerchug.gif

For awhile we are going to be focused on the transition and getting the production running smoothly. We have a few other projects that need to get straightened up on, but there are some new items that we will be working on soon.
-Mark
ConeDodger
I don't know... It sounds like this streamlining will result in the loss of Heidi's job... sad.gif

Seriously, this is a great development! biggrin.gif
Mikey914
Just added a new catagory for now to the website
Fiberglass parts
It will be another week or two while these come onboard, but I'm adding more daily.

http://shop.914rubber.com/category.sc?categoryId=15

Also adding some more tweeks to the products to make them more user friendly.
We now provide the door panels with the mounting hardware attached and with the metal strip to secure the bolster, It's even predrilled and pre cut. (yes even the fiberglass is predrilled and blanked out ready for install.

draganc
Cool! All the best to both of you.

Can't wait to see all the new stuff coming idea.gif .

d
watsonrx13
Congrats to both. aktion035.gif

--- Rob
cary
Nice, should work out well for both of you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.