Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pressure Plate
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage

This is one area that I usually buy NEW .. So I'm looking at a 'used' pressure plate.
How can one determine if its good or not- especially if the item show no signs of abuse - like burnt face too.. Oh throw this same question to the T/O bearing too....must be the sign of the times for me to even consider these used items.

Experts...please advise - thanks!
Valy
Pressure plate should be straight and even. If not,you'll need to resurface it.
check the sun spring to be intact and not too much wear on the edge from the TO bearing.
when you resurface, take off the same amount of material from the pressure plate cage. This will maintain the same distance to the flywheel and won't require shims.
The To bearing needs to be replaced.
QUOTE(Valy @ Feb 21 2012, 09:03 PM) *

Pressure plate should be straight and even. If not,you'll need to resurface it.
check the sun spring to be intact and not too much wear on the edge from the TO bearing.
when you resurface, take off the same amount of material from the pressure plate cage. This will maintain the same distance to the flywheel and won't require shims.
The To bearing needs to be replaced.

Thanks.. Just check and it's square flat surface ( laid a bar stock from side to side ) .
T/O bearing replace then..
Valy
Yes that's fine.
Post a picture of the sun (the back of the plate) to see the wear.

I always replaced the TO since it tends to live as long as the clutch but now they are very expensive. If you have a low millage one maybe you can keep it. You'll never know if it's good until you run it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.