Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Kinda sorta getting there
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spare time toys
Back half is coming together wink.gif Just gotta paint tail and front of engine grill red and insides of sail panels semi flat black. Then it gets spun around and work starts on hanging the front end sawzall-smiley.gif This is the thread I will put all the updates to this project on. welder.gif
red914
c'mon, Larry, you're teasing us. break with the pictures! give us more! we want to see the front end, the interior, more on that tail (!) the engine, etc. give it up!
spare time toys
QUOTE(red914 @ Sep 10 2004, 08:56 AM)
c'mon, Larry, you're teasing us. break with the pictures! give us more! we want to see the front end, the interior, more on that tail (!) the engine, etc. give it up!

Here is the motor that came with it. I got the tail and slant nose kit from a guy in N.C. it just got here. He was going to the race at sears point on 9/11 I believe and hauled it here in his transport for me. Ill post in this thread as I do the front end mod.
spare time toys
This is the slant nose kit Im adapting on to it. Im going to modify it to keep the signal humps. I had a stock hood and headlight covers but they were gutted of light parts and sealed shut.
spare time toys
QUOTE(red914 @ Sep 10 2004, 08:56 AM)
we want to see the front end

OK I got the thing spun around and am going to start on the front. Thats my 14 year old helper. He is out growing this car before he gets a chanch to play with it. He is already 6' 1" and a size 16 shoe LORD HELP ME wacko.gif
spare time toys
got rid of theese today
spare time toys
now front end has this
spare time toys
another view
balljoint
Interesting. I think I like it. Keeping the signal humps but still updating the front end, nicely done.
spare time toys
Added a little carbon fiber and a layer of glass to help fend off cone damage. Fenders are / were thin race only units. rolleyes.gif
spare time toys
wheel opening
Root_Werks
Looks great! I like the glass work, looks really good. I think the front end will turn out really nice too. smilie_pokal.gif
spare time toys
Im ready to do some "bonding" with the fenders this weekend. mueba.gif
URY914
Go Larry GO!!!!

Keep up the good work.

Paul
spare time toys
Took the car outside so the sun could bake one side while I worked on glassn the other.
spare time toys
still gotta paint the deck lid and come up with a design for stripes. May do a two tone keeping the tail silver and lower half red
Aaron Cox
i thought howard was the only one with the moby dick skateboard ramp tail thing ohmy.gif laugh.gif
bob91403
Now that's what I call a WHALE tail. Sure it won't cause you to do wheeleys? lol2.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE(bob91403 @ Oct 1 2004, 06:40 PM)
Now that's what I call a WHALE tail.lol2.gif

The guy next door calls it Texas sized.
scruz914
What a great project for you and your boys! Are they getting into it? I now understand your other thread asking about the fresh air ducting from the PO.

Good job!

-Jeff
spare time toys
During this part Im keeping the boys away I dont want them breathing all the fumes and dust. I do have dust masks for them but they take it off as fast as I make them put it on. slap.gif This is the good side will not need much more work biggrin.gif
spare time toys
This is the side thats gonna need some more work. I got distracted while trimming it to fit and cut the wrong side ohmy.gif alfred.gif
spare time toys
bad gap came out OK now just a little mud to smooth it out. Oh no look at the gap at the front edge .....That will never do gonna have to fix that idea.gif
spare time toys
OK all bondod and primed.
spare time toys
other side hope for good weather this weekend to shoot color on.
seanery
lookin' good larry! smash.gif
spare time toys
Sprayed her RED today
spare time toys
Mo Red
spare time toys
Lowered it by 29 inches and rolled it outside
spare time toys
Our baby girl wants this car
spare time toys
Did the dew to show stance.
spare time toys
this is what a 6'2" 14 year old looks like next to it ohmy.gif Hes gotta stop growing one of these days sad.gif
spare time toys
finished spraying the red cool_shades.gif now I will lay out the stripes.
Aaron Cox
whats with the jungle gym roll cage? wacko.gif
spare time toys
QUOTE(acox914 @ Oct 10 2004, 05:01 PM)
whats with the jungle gym roll cage? wacko.gif

thats how they made them back in 72. I am getting rid of the front hoop and the top bars in part two of the project. We are going with the bars that lay back like along a windshield line and then lay the seat back a little. We have to redo it for the helmit needs to be 2" below the hoop rule.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Oct 10 2004, 03:20 PM)
QUOTE(acox914 @ Oct 10 2004, 05:01 PM)
whats with the jungle gym roll cage?  :wacko:

thats how they made them back in 72. I am getting rid of the front hoop and the top bars in part two of the project. We are going with the bars that lay back like along a windshield line and then lay the seat back a little. We have to redo it for the helmit needs to be 2" below the hoop rule.

good plan. those monkeybars are so 70's! lol
MJHanna
what are your plans on running it? PCA TT & autocross ? DE? What size is the engine?
spare time toys
QUOTE(MJHanna @ Oct 11 2004, 07:07 AM)
what are your plans on running it? PCA TT & autocross ? DE?  What size is the engine?

I plan on TT and auto cross for now. engine isnt much just the1.7 with carbs. I want to keep low power for a learner car for the kids. I should have it sorted out by the time they can run it. When they get older and if we are still talking and can stand each other Ill do a 6 conversion and turn them loose. driving.gif
spare time toys
Gotta buff it out and touch up a couple of spots and then on to phase 2
spare time toys
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Oct 13 2004, 03:16 PM)

side 1
spare time toys
QUOTE(spare time toys @ Oct 13 2004, 03:18 PM)

side 1

side 2
spare time toys

rear
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.