Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber DCNF tuning
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
blaize
O.K. so I just finished the rebuild on a bone stock 2.0 Now I need to tune it. Anyone ever deal with Weber DCNF carb's? Any good tuning websites? I have the haynes WEBER manual but the procedure they give is not really working. Damn things are backfiring up the throats and when I switch the ignition off i get a muffled backfire thru the exhaust. the air correction screws don't seasm to do anything at all nor the mixture (although to a lesser extent). Any advise?

Also I have a 09 dizzy. I have it timed as per the factory spec (27deg. a/3.5k) but that is for injection and a different dizzy. I have noticed that if I move it from fact. spec the thing idles much better, stops spitting gas in my eye, revs 1k higher, and smoothes out considerably. Now I have heard the 009 is less than desirable but it is what I have and I need to make it work as good as I can. I will go Mallorry in the future but can't swing it now.

Thanks for any help
TheCabinetmaker
try 34 btdc
Aaron Cox
DCNF's? dont know anything bout them. wink.gif
Mark Henry
Sounds like the linkage/sync is out of wack.

PM me your email addy and I'll send you a set of very good directions.

BTW the DCNF's is not the best choice for a 914, they don't do well in the twisties due to float issues. They are great (one of the best) for a bug that see's mostly highway.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.