Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whats in your attic?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Verruckt
Doing some box scavenging in the attic I found a pic of my first 914. If my memory serves me its a 73. Had a rollbar, konis, stiffer springs and torsion bars. Dont remember if it had sway bars or not. It was a 1.8 w/ dual dellortos and an aftermarket exhaust. It was LOW and handled like it was on rails, literally. I bought the car from a guy in Blue Springs Missouri who had a couple of them. He used to autocross it. Wish I could track that guy down again... but that was in like 93 or so... I sold the car to move back to Germany back in 94 sad.gif

IPB Image
machina
great photo,

great '70s feel.

dr
Verruckt
QUOTE(synthesisdv @ Sep 10 2004, 04:55 AM)
great photo,

great '70s feel.

dr

Its a crappy polaroid rolleyes.gif

I never knew I even took a pic of that car. Glad I did though. laugh.gif
balljoint
Birds nests. mad.gif

Blown fibre-glass insulation.

Mrs. Bates ohmy.gif
nynone4
The original 2.0 from the six (in multiple boxes), an extra dash, some various carpet and trim pieces. LOTS of Morris Mini parts from the 1960 I just sold including a 1100 engine and 3 (!) gearboxes - all of questionable charracter, all of our Christmas decorations... hmmmm... maybe I ought to reinforce the garage ceiling.... huh.gif
redshift
I have nothing in the attic but boxes from recording gear, and a few old guitar parts stored in freezer bags.

If you'd asked me 4 years ago, I would have replied, "I have a 914 in my attic.".. and I did.

The attic over the garage in Orlando had a complete 2.0, minus the frame, and the motor, expertly crammed in it.

M
lapuwali
Hm. Too bad you're in IL, or I'd be interested in taking that 1100 and the gearboxes off your hands (I have a '63 and a '64). This would be doubly so if any of those gearboxes was a remote shift (not rod change).
bondo
Flat roof... sorry! smile.gif
davep
Steel GT flares and original glass bumper. NOS 914/6 engine tin set. Just waiting for the right car to come by.
914werke
All the NOS or refinnished / refurbed components for my LE restoration rolleyes.gif
SirAndy
no attic. but 15 foot high rooms ...

rolleyes.gif Andy
Allan
HVAC equipment. Havent gotten around to storing anything up there yet.
Joe Ricard
All kinds of crap that should go to the thrift store. So I can have more room for car parts.
Rhodes71/914
The attic in the garage has a bunch of future garage sale stuff (crap I don't want but maybe somebody else does) Also up there are some bags with my commercial fishing gear, I'm kind of afraid to open those, can't remember how good they were washed before being put away and everytime I move them I notice a distictly fishy smell. ohmy.gif

Oh yea and the closet doors from the kids rooms, the folding kind, one pinched finger and mom decided they needed to go.
Verruckt
If my wife caught me trying to store car parts in the attic...

You guys are either really sneaky, or have a REALLY cool SO.
Aaron Cox
In my attic i have one of the 11 916's, i have an M471 up there, i think ive got a couple headlight washer systems up there... oh cant forget the grasshopper up there! chairfall.gif
red914
nuthin. that's right, nuthin. the wife wants to store stuff up there, but after seeing her parents' house, where she got the idea, i am discouraging the idea to say the least.

besides, if i need to store car parts, i will take it down to Dino's and have him put it the stuff in his garage rafters... hmmm... maybe not, on second thought. i would like to find them again! laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(balljoint @ Sep 10 2004, 07:01 AM)
Mrs. Bates ohmy.gif

AHHHHH!
airsix
Garage attic:

914-6 sheetmetal
914-6 flywheel
911 muffler
911 shorty headers (replaced thermal reactors on 2.7)
911 SC flares
911 SC front wheel arches
911 heat exchangers
most of a 2.7 CIS system
Coleman camp stove
8-man tent
914 drivers seat
A few other things I can't think of.
Martin Baker
Only one 9 1 4 item in my attic...a complete set of original 914 GT Metal Flares...that I hope someday will reside on a real six.
SpecialK
Christmas crap, and these little nasties...Brown Recluse (fiddleback spiders), DON'T get bit by one! ohmy.gif
Rhodes71/914
Oh I forgot -

The front bumber off my 67 VW Bus
One of the seats out of my boat
redshift
QUOTE(Verruckt @ Sep 10 2004, 12:19 PM)

Try single, FOOL!

laugh.gif

Here!

Goliath

M
SLITS
Bats, lots of Bats
GWN7
240 sq ft of 1950's/60's Lionel Train set (another project in the works) I built a 3rd floor in the house to set it up.

Oh ya, a bunch of boxes that I have no idea what's in them.
nynone4
Lapuwali - two of those gearboxes ARE remote ones, but I only have one shifter housing. Let me know if you REALLY want them. Shipping might be a killer.

Found a couple of those brown recluses in my attic as well. Nasty little things!
Qarl
What's in my attic....

My fingernail clipping collection...

My co-ed panty collection from college (all 127 pairs of them)

My dead pet turtle named Spike

Three empty SPAM containers

And finally, the long lost photo album containing pictures of 12-year old Miles (redshift) when he was in Boyscouts trying to earn his Flock of Seagulls Merit badge...
Verruckt
QUOTE(redshift @ Sep 10 2004, 03:12 PM)
QUOTE(Verruckt @ Sep 10 2004, 12:19 PM)

Try single, FOOL!

laugh.gif

Here!

Goliath

M

I can almost remember those days...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.