Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to post a picture?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
I'm trying to post a picture and keep getting a screen saying that the page cannot be found. What am I doing wrong?

Doug C
DougC
When I go into the File Attachment feature at the bottom and "browse", I select the file I want .. then hit open and the box disappears. So I tried 'cut and paste' but got nothing but the page about cannot be found.. I'm a computer loser someone help me out. BTW, I searched archives but it was pathetic.

Doug C
Jeroen
Read the FAQ (link at the very top of the page) first...
There's a tutorial there with pictures

Don't "preview" your post when posting pics, your attached pic will be lost

If that don't work, post again and we'll help you out
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(DougC @ Sep 10 2004, 07:21 AM)
I searched archives but it was pathetic.

did you try the FAQ Section ?

the 'Browse/Attach' thing sounds like you did the right thing, so if it didn't work, it may be because the image was the wrong type (must be JPG or GIF) or was too big, must be < 300k
DougC
Man, this sucks I just posted my pictures over on the Pelican site with absolutely no problems but I cannot make it happen here on 914club! The only difference that I could see was that they have a button labled "unload picture now" or something like that. I have no idea why anything would be different between the two sites (settings wise). Could it have anything to do with "internet options" in the "tools" sections on my browser? Security settings or something?

Doug C
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(DougC @ Sep 10 2004, 08:26 AM)
...I have no idea why anything would be different between the two sites (settings wise).

because they are completely different sets of BBS software with absolutely nothing in common ?
that'd be my guess...

it won't have anything to do with your browser settings.

what - EXACTLY - is the file you are trying to attach - the full file name, its extension, and type.
exactly how big is it ?

need data ...
Jeroen
Doug, e-mail me the pic you're trying to upload and I'll try for you...
jeroen@berloth.nl

cheers,

Jeroen
DougC
Artecnika, I appreciate the help. The file is JPEG and the size is 1.37mb. It's located in my C drive under my documents (it's a PC). The name is pretty long something like :C/mydocuments/mypictures/etc/etc/etc/etc/914.01

Jeroen, I emailed you the pics.

Thanks!

Doug C
Aaron Cox
check this action smile.gif
DOUGS CAR>>>NOT MINE!!!!

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Aaron Cox
oh, BTW. i like the blue wheels biggrin.gif
maf914
Now that is nice! aktion035.gif

Question, please? What size wheels and what thickness spacers if any?
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(DougC @ Sep 10 2004, 08:50 AM)
...the size is 1.37mb.

like i said in my original response - MUST BE < 300k ...
Aaron Cox
dooode. i copied his pics from pelican (hot link'd them).

that is DOUGS CAR rolleyes.gif
vortrex
nevermind.
Aaron Cox
heh
DougC
OK, as AutotechnikA has pointed out (a couple of times) my pics are apparently too big. So, can I shrink them in my harddrive before trying to send them here? Surely, the camara isn't at fault. Surely, I don't have to change my PCs display settings.. BTW, I did appologize for being such a computer doofus didn't I, well if not - sorry!

Doug C
Rhodes71/914
QUOTE(DougC @ Sep 10 2004, 11:03 AM)
OK, as AutotechnikA has pointed out (a couple of times) my pics are apparently too big. So, can I shrink them in my harddrive before trying to send them here? Surely, the camara isn't at fault. Surely, I don't have to change my PCs display settings.. BTW, I did appologize for being such a computer doofus didn't I, well if not - sorry!

Doug C

Your photo software should have some kind of prepare for email feature or something similar that. Also people on this board have mentioned a program calle infraview (sp) I think it is a windows program, I'm more of a Mac guy so not sure about it.

By the way nice looking car, looks like you little one likes it as much as my son does.
seanery
download

irfanview and use it to scale the pics down.

www.irfanview.com
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.