Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Craigslist classified ads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
tradisrad
I like to take a quick look at the classified ads on the home page, but lately the ads from Craigslist have been populating the page. It seems that anything with the numbers 914 in the ad shows up. Right now it is covered with the Nissan altima scam.
Can these Craigslist ads be removed form the home page classified listings?
thanks
-Rob
Click to view attachment
as you can see I also just learned to take a screen shot!
bulitt
Maybe its time to remove the CL ads altogether ?
gil914
I like and use the NY-NJ craigslist ads, for better or worse, being cheap usually worse. The problem is likely the 914 area code in the county just north of NYC.

Perhaps we could just have the NY-NJ craigslist ads not show up on the homepage. Although I think that I read that is a bit of programming. And being volunteer and all pray.gif I can live with it either way.
TheCabinetmaker
I check the tulsa area list almost everyday (354 Porsche listings this morning). I do it from a bookmark from my phone. You can customize Craigslist for what ever area you want. Why do we need the same thing here?
sfrenck
Admins - can you modify the World search to porsche 914 instead of 914? When I do that on a straight craigslist search I don't get the Altima ad.

I think the price of the "altima" being $1914 is the problem.
bulitt
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Feb 23 2012, 08:13 AM) *

I check the tulsa area list almost everyday (354 Porsche listings this morning). I do it from a bookmark from my phone. You can customize Craigslist for what ever area you want. Why do we need the same thing here?

I guess that was my point. I use the "statewidelist.com" site to search an entire state.
tradisrad
I dont have any problems with the CL ads when they are in their place, but I come here to see what the members are selling and I love the quick view in the "Latest Classifieds Items" (which should have its header changed from "Latest Classifieds Items" to " Latest Classified Items". No "s" is needed on classified.)
76-914
I bought a dash bottom from this "irritating" link yesterday. IMHO, it is worth scanning or sifting through the RSS ads. For me, it is still much faster than having to peruse each individual CL or Ebay site for this info.
SirAndy
QUOTE(bulitt @ Feb 23 2012, 03:28 AM) *
Maybe its time to remove the CL ads altogether ?

Really?
Because you can't handle a few spam posts you want to remove a useful site feature for everybody else?
confused24.gif

It took me all of 3 minutes to delete the spam posts. ar15.gif

Yeah, there will probably be more of them before CL figures out how to block the spammer, but so what?
type.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(sfrenck @ Feb 23 2012, 05:17 AM) *

Admins - can you modify the World search to porsche 914 instead of 914? When I do that on a straight craigslist search I don't get the Altima ad.

I think the price of the "altima" being $1914 is the problem.

The problem with that is that a lot of ads don't use the phrase "Porsche 914" in that exact order.

Our current search looks for both keywords "Porsche" AND "914". Both have to be in an ad for it to qualify, but they don't have to be in order.

By using "Porsche 914" instead, we're going to miss a bunch of valid ads ...

popcorn[1].gif

URY914
Here we go again stirthepot.gif
tradisrad

Click to view attachment

PanelBilly
QUOTE(tradisrad @ Feb 24 2012, 12:52 PM) *

You summed up my thoughts exactly
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.