Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Powder coat engine lid grill & rockers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Doug Leggins
I am gathering the next batch of parts to have powder coated - engine tin, heat ducts and a few other parts.

I'm considering having the engine lid grill and the 2 small side grill pieces and the outer rocker panels powder coated also.

Has anyone powder coated the grill and/or rocker panels on their car?

What do you think? Good idea or no?
boxsterfan
Never done it, but seems to me that if you have original steel rocker panels I would power coat them. Of course, I would also sell them to the CW guys also for big bucks!! biggrin.gif
Ferg
I had my gt lid done, and turned out sweet, I say go for it... On the rockers they need to be perfect to start with, I don't think it will work over filler ect...
Ferg.
Engman
You saw mine last year at the FFC. Did all of that plus the bumpers and valances - gloss black. Also did the rearchrome sail panel covers.

M
Mike D.
Been powder coating teener stuff for years...The rockers, engine grills, rear valence, a-arms, strut top covers...all powder coated matte black, except the grills, those are gloss black. When the car was a 4 cyl. I also had all the engine tins and heater parts done too. The Blue Car (now Joes car) had all the aluminum trim pieces done in gloss black. (well, all the ones I could find, sorry Joe)

-Mike D.
mercdev
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

rolleyes.gif
415PB
Did mine last fall. Came out real nice. Did the trim as well.
seanery
Rod,
where the hell have ya been man!?
415PB
Hi Sean,
Been working Graveyard for the summer and it is hot as hell out here still. Come October, I will be back into making my teener better and better biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.