Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: VIN numbers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MikeSpraggi
I just noticed something kinda neat regarding the VIN numbers on my 914s. One is a /6 the other is a /4. Both are 1970. The last four digits of the six VIN is 1751 and the last four digits of the /4 is 1851. Helps me to remember them. Anyone else have VIN numbers that have somthing special between them?
Bob L.
QUOTE(MikeSpraggi @ Feb 22 2012, 11:01 PM) *

I just noticed something kinda neat regarding the VIN numbers on my 914s. One is a /6 the other is a /4. Both are 1970. The last four digits of the six VIN is 1751 and the last four digits of the /4 is 1851. Helps me to remember them. Anyone else have VIN numbers that have somthing special between them?

Nope, only have the one. I'd have to be screwy.gif
poorsche914
There is a local guy who has two consecutively numbered Bumble Bees w00t.gif
hot_shoe914
I have three that start with 473.....

av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif lol-2.gif av-943.gif
SKL1
My son recently bought a '97 993 to join his Cayman (I raised him right) and then a good friend of mine also bought a 993 as he's had several 911's over the years. He brought it over one day as we were all playing with our cars. Started looking at their VIN's and they were sequential- one number off. They had gone down the line exactly next to each other. What are those odds??
Strudelwagon
I had a 74 2.0 with a Vin that was one digit off the title that came with it. It cost me money but I got that fixed at an DMV inspection station. bye1.gif
SW
Tom_T
Well, I have two oddities to throw in the ring:

First is both a VIN & Chassis No./VIN Sticker build date anomaly - my buddy local here with another early 73 914-2.0 has a VIN 700 before mine, a chassis no. translating to being built a week before mine in late Aug. 72, but his VIN door jamb sticker (compliance sticker) shows a 9/72 date, while mine is 8/72. huh.gif

Also, my chassis no. is 8/31/72 & the compliance sticker being 8/72 means mine is the "world's fastest built 914" in one day! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.