Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: 914 Factory Workshop Manuals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
wndsnd
I am looking for a complete set of 914 Factory Workshop Manuals as published by Porsche. I have All 356 through 911 Carrera Turbo (1989?) 14 Volumes, and would consider a partial trade.

If these are unobtanium, what is my best worshop option for 1973 1.7?

Thanks welcome.png
Tom_T
Auto Atlanta sells a CD with them plus a few other 914 NLA documents/publications on it for about $30. Otherwise the binders come up FS from time to time.

AA's 700 Tips for 914s is handy, along with the Haynes & a couple of other manuals, since some fill in gaps or weaknesses in others (ignore Chilton POS manuals).

Oh, and ..... welcome.png
I missed that you're new here at your wheels post.
carr914
There are Members here that will send you the CD for the Cost of Shipping it
underthetire
agree.gif
wndsnd
QUOTE(underthetire @ Feb 23 2012, 02:46 PM) *

agree.gif

I will go for that! Please PM me! piratenanner.gif
kshighlander
Great I was looking on Ebay today for the very same maunals, I would love a copy please PM me also!

Thanks!

LD
markyb
does the " 700 tips" go beyond the info in the service manual? I have a few issues on my recently acquired '75, like how to hook up the thermostat cable ( I found the cable unattached), and where does the upper vacuum line from my distributor connect to, etc...? Any thoughts on which is better, the CD or the 700 tips?

I'm all for any money-saving deals on the manual in CD format....
carr914
I've never had the 700 Rips, so I can't comment, but the Workshop Manuals have everything I need
quadracerx
Id pay someone for a CD too...

Thanks,

Steve
OU8AVW
And the flood gates are open. I'm in for a CD set. I'll even split the cost biggrin.gif
Al Meredith
I have access to several very rare 912E factory manuals . They cover all the things different on a 912E from the 911. let me know if there is an interest and I will ask the owner how much he wants and how many he has. Al
underthetire
I'll dig up my 914 stuff this weekend
sean_v8_914
700 tech tips from Auto Atlanta is on my top 10 list . it is well worth the price
bdstone914
I do not know how the work shop manuals can be sold on a CD without copy right enfringement. I have seen ebay auctions shut down on copies of such Porsche materials.

Or as Richard Nixon said regarding authorizing a Watergate break in "We could do that but it would be wrong"

A public request for such is probably not a good idea.

Bruce
bdstone914
Here is a set that came up on Craigslist.
It appears to be missing the electrical book 9 and possibly others.
I thought about getting it. The price is good. I complete set brings $400 or about $50 per book. Some one should get these.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/pts/2867758537.html
PCA7GGR
A question for those in the know - what is in Section 3 of the 914/914-6 manual? The copy I have is missing this section. Thanks
1TRICK6
QUOTE(PCA7GGR @ Feb 24 2012, 12:36 PM) *

A question for those in the know - what is in Section 3 of the 914/914-6 manual? The copy I have is missing this section. Thanks

Section 3 is Transmission
PCA7GGR
Thanks. Any one have I copy of Section 3 - Transmission they might be willing to make a copy of for me? I'm missing that section.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.