Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Restoration Design Sheet Metal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bill Shaw
Just picked up a new front floor pan from Restoration Design in Eaton Rapids, MI. Called them yesterday afternoon and picked it up today at noon. They arranged for the plant to be open when I got there and showed me both the facility and loads of 356/911/914 parts. Was very impressed with both. Couldn't be nicer guys and the quality of their parts seems excellent. After all the rants about other suppliers, it's great to find one which has their customers' interests at heart.
Bleyseng
Yep, its a no brainer who to order from if you need replacement metal panels.

Geoff smilie_pokal.gif
guywan914
I agree, excellent people to deal with and high qualiity parts. Especially pleased with the outside rocker suspension stiffening parts. smilie_pokal.gif
trojanhorsepower
I agree that they make great parts, but they are hell to get in touch with. I have been calling for about 2 weeks now. No call backs. I know these folks are busy, but I need an answer.
The last time I ordered form them they called me back four times from the same message. Too funny. So it seems sort of all or nothing.
If they had an inventory on the web I would not need to talk to they at all. I just need to know if P331 has been retooled yet. I would really appreciate it if some one local could find out if that part is available yet, or what the best times to call are.

Pete
TimT
I have been calling for about 2 weeks now. No call backs. I know these folks are busy, but I need an answer.

weird...

I called them a week or so ago, and Bill called me back within the hour..
trojanhorsepower
Weird in deed.

Bill sounded very nice when I did get to talk to him, must be he just doesn't like me. wink.gif
Oh well I will try again Monday.

-Pete
Cap'n Krusty
Getting through to them on the phone has been a real challenge for me through the years, and getting a callback has been impossible. Progress updates on retooling and new items has been especially tough. I waited nearly a year for a piece and finally bought a used section from Parts Heaven. Good product, though. The Cap'n
michelko
Made an inquiery 2 weeks ago. I would like to order some parts for my rustoration project.
No reply till now. Will try again next week.

smilie_flagge6.gif
Jeroen
Hey Michelko,

What are you ordering from them?
I'm thinking about getting a set of inner rocker panels...
Can you keep me posted if you get any info from them?
michelko
Hi Jeroen,
i asked for the engine shelf and the nice clamp shells to reinforce the longs.
No reply till now. WIll try next week again.
I will inform you if i hear something.

Michael
smilie_flagge6.gif
smg914
You may never hear from him. A while back I called him and left a message. About 10 days later he returned my call. He seemed like an okay guy. He asked me to send him a list of what I wanted. I sent him a list of a fairly large quantity of 914 restoration pieces. Probably 10 thousand dollars worth of stuff. Included with the list I asked him since I was ordering such a large quantity of stuff, could I get a break on the price. Well I guess that didn't sit very well with him because I never heard back from him. And that was about 2 years ago. But I appreciate him giving me the heads-up that he is not the kind of person that I would do business with.
Eric_Shea
Bill's impossible. Boinked me on my restoration. Huge timeline issues getting parts and the shop that did my body work had to put a hot-rod in there that took a year.

Finally got it in the shop and... yup, Bill boinked me again and didn't ship when he said he would. Let the shop owner diddling for a week.

Impossible to get on the phone.

I grew up in Eaton Rapids... visited the shop myself. I tried the online ordering procedure thinking that he might be better at that. I'm still waiting on a battery tray and support (3 months ago...)

I've asked my father to simply stop by the shop and pick it up but he's never there during regular hours (or so it seems).

I will say this... the metal work is "Excellent" The people work needs some polishing.

Come on Bill... there's a lot of us depending on the service you could offer the community.
guywan914
Again I have to say Bill was great to me. Answered my call first time I had three different oders and on the third he gave me a discount because he remembered my previous orders{not necessarily dollar value}I had my parts on time and they were an excellent fit, ask Chris Foley. smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.