Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sooooooooo Close........
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Scott S
I am so close! Last night I got the clutch/tranny/starter all done up , installed the engine tins, plugs, wires, pertronix and MSD coil (pulled of that really "cool" decal). Have one small issue with the throttle linkage (need to contact Rich J) and then in the car it goes!

North Hollywood just called this morning and my tach is done too.

I just have one concern - the factory oil line that attaches to the bottom tank has a 90 degree fitting on one end, and a slightly less than 90 degree fitting on the other. Does anyone know what end attaches to the tank? I attached the less than 90 fitting to the tank and I am now concerned it is backwards - which means pulling out the damn tank.......

sorry for the camera phone quality...
wndsnd
QUOTE(Scott S @ Feb 23 2012, 01:38 PM) *

I am so close! Last night I got the clutch/tranny/starter all done up , installed the engine tins, plugs, wires, pertronix and coil. Have one small issue with the throttle linkage (need to contact Rich J) and then in the car it goes!

North Hollywood just called this morning and my tach is done too.

I just have one concern - the factory oil line that attaches to the bottom tank has a 90 degree fitting on one end, and a slightly less than 90 degree fitting on the other. Does anyone know what end attaches to the tank? I attached the less than 90 fitting to the tank and I am now concerned it is backwards - which means pulling out the damn tank.......

sorry for the camera phone quality...

Soooooooo Envious........ That engine looks awesome. Your car is going to be fantastic....
AZ914
The pics are of the engine and oil cooler, you mean the fitting on the bottom of the oil tank in your fender? The line that attaches to the one in your last picture? I don't have stock lines, but I'd guess the less than 90 deg goes to the tank since there is less clearance in the fender. I also assume it depends on which tank you have.
jcambo7
I see that Andy took your pictures. Looking good!
RiqueMar
So f'in cool! smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif
rgalla9146
QUOTE(jcambo7 @ Feb 23 2012, 12:10 PM) *

I see that Andy took your pictures. Looking good!

Stock tank ? the less /more than 90 fitting attaches to the tank.
Stock length hose to nipple under engine oil cooler ? With that longer-than-stock nipple on the cooler you are going to have a pretty tight turn towards the tank bottom line.
Eric_Shea
Go Scott Go!
Scott S
That is my concern. both lines are stock replacements from Rich Johnson. He also did the mod on the oil cooler. Being that he has done a million of these, I am very confident in his expertise. If it does not work, I guess I could send line that attaches to the cooler to Jonathan at GPR and have him swap the straight fitting for a 90 where it meets the tank side line. Glad I didn't weld the -6 oil line hook to the car yet.
Scott S
I have two of these factory oil line fittings. If the second line is to long, can I cut off the crimped fitting and use one of these on the new line instead?
02loftsmoor
man that looks great w00t.gif
Socalandy
Looks awsome!!!
Gint
That looks so cool Scotty.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.