60 - 0 in about 9 miles.
Curvie Roadlover
I think I see some rust in the long.'s
JeffBowlsby
Heresmore:
JeffBowlsby
Andhowbout:
Dave Cawdrey
That's one thing I miss about Cali. The trains. BART, Cal-train, and yes, even the MUNI. Seattle dont have 'em.
We got the best damn bus system, tho... flag.gif
jwade
that's not rust, that's a spare knuckle. mueba.gif

john
Curvie Roadlover
The jack posts look solid!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Curvie Roadlover @ May 4 2003, 08:21 PM)
The jack posts look solid!

rotflmao laugh.gif
jimtab
The color scheme seems a bit loud, how are the seats...I only have 6 for my 2 seat car. driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
Greg Silva
Finally, something I know a little bit about mueba.gif

Let's see, it seats 3 - in marginal comfort.
Rated at 4135 RWHp @ about 900rpm!
16 cylinders, each about 710 cu.in. (Sorry, don't know what that converts into in terms of liters or cc's!)
3 separate braking systems, one of which is capable of drawing as much as 1600 amps.
Brake pads? We got 'em - about an inch and a half thick, about 1 foot long, 8 to 12 per vehicle.
Factory heating and a/c
Gear ratio - 83:20
Automatic "transmission"
Fuel tank capacity - 4,000 to 5,000 gallons
Dry weight - 416, 000 lbs

I'm a locomotive engineer for the company pictured above. Just got home from a trip this morning.
Britain Smith
You all think that is a lot of power...Check out this link.

http://performanceunlimited.com/illustrati...efulengine.html

100,000 horsepower during overspeed testing (all of 101.5rpm!)

I think I might change from a type-IV in my 912 to this in my 18-wheeler, what do you think?

-Britain
Mueller
Greg....

Isn't it really electric driven with the Diesel motors only suppling the juice for the electric motors???

Oh, the engine converts to 186 Liters ohmy.gif

Ever make it to the Train Museum in Sacramento??

Here is a cool site for CAD drawings of Locomotives:

Locomotive CAD Drawings
Greg Silva
Mike, that's right. Each of the axles has a traction motor on it. A single generator, driven by the diesel, produces the power for all of the traction motors. I think its a 600 volt system. We also have an auxiliary generator which produces 74 volts for the lights and the rest of the on-board electrical stuff.

Year before last, my wife (who is a retired engineer) and I were out visiting my parents, who still live in the Bay Area (San Lorenzo, where I grew up). On the way back here to New Mexico we stopped at the museum in Sacramento. It's just unbelievable, the amount of equipment they have there, and the first class way in which it is maintained and displayed. Much of the Santa Fe stuff they have sat here in the Albuquerque roundhouse for many years before being donated to the museum. Neat!
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(Schmuck69 @ May 5 2003, 09:36 AM)
You all think that is a lot of power...Check out this link.

http://performanceunlimited.com/illustrati...efulengine.html

100,000 horsepower during overspeed testing (all of 101.5rpm!)

I think I might change from a type-IV in my 912 to this in my 18-wheeler, what do you think?

-Britain

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!

i happen to be a trin buff too. i frequently visit the CAJON PASS and the tehachapi loop.
Aaron Cox
sacremento is great.
POrtola railway museum is better. you actually get to operate the engine around their little stretch of track. was a lot of fun! and the orange empire railway museum in perris cal.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.