Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Just noticed this one on ebay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mercdev
Has to be one of the nicest ones I've seen in a LONG time for sale there.

Take a look!

The CW in me is all drooley.gif haha
tod914
That one was on ebay before. Thought the bid was over 12k when I last looked. About 4-6 months ago if memory serves me right?
vortrex
fairly certain that car has been on ebay twice before.
Chris H.
Yeah that is the car from Texas, right? I remember that one. Nice.
mistro
Bumpers are ugly...
anthony
The trim on the side is hideous.
smg914
You have to drill something like 8 holes in each side of the car to attach those hideous side trim pieces. Who in their right mind would do that? I wouldn't care if the car had 2 miles on it, I wouldn't buy it because of the side trim.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE(smg914 @ Sep 10 2004, 09:31 PM)
You have to drill something like 8 holes in each side of the car to attach those hideous side trim pieces.  Who in their right mind would do that?  I wouldn't care if the car had 2 miles on it, I wouldn't buy it because of the side trim.

what if it was free? cool.gif w00t.gif

seriously though, 8 holes and a respray? how much does that lower the value?
smg914
HHHMMM let me think about that...............Yes, I would take it for free.
Porsche Rescue
IF it is truly an 11,000 mile original it would be devalued by at least $2000 by a respray of both sides in my opinion. Then there is the cost of filling the holes and painting. Probably better to leave the ugly things on as they are period correct.
seanery
my 76 had 'em. you kinda get used to them.
Red-Beard
In general, it was a pretty popular option in the middle 70's. I had 2 1970's college cars with dealer trim like that.

James
Verruckt
Hehehe

Anyone read this little part?

"If you want to find out what these cars are worth check out www.autoatlanta.com and run a search of their comparable 914s for sale"
Mike D.
I love it! Even a Concours Quality $12K 914 engine bay still looks like a rats nest.. laugh.gif

-Mike D.
tod914
That plumbing is a PIA if you want to do anything in there. Took mine out... much better now.

How does that Berber Yellow look in person? I never seen it in person. Seems to have a greenish tint in it.
roundboy914
CW? What is this short for?
Concours Wennie?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.