Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Engine lid
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
clow
Hey World, I was just playing around with my car and realized the engine lid doesn't prop itself up like I have seen. It looks like there are springs kinda like the ones that hold the rear trunk up? Can someone give me a small set up or even some pictures to what I should be doing. If I need to post pictures to help I can get them up tomorrow.

Thanks,
Clow

Edit: I tried to search but 'engine lid' is a pretty generic search. If this have been covered maybe someone could help refine my search to fine the topic.
RickS
There are two torsion style bars which form an X under the lid. They attach near the hinges. They are long slender rods with a 90* bend at each end.
clow
QUOTE(RickS @ Feb 23 2012, 08:32 PM) *

There are two torsion style bars which form an X under the lid. They attach near the hinges. They are long slender rods with a 90* bend at each end.

Alright I have the bar on the lid itself. Do I have to load them by twisting them and then lock them into place on the engine lid?
Socalandy
here's a pic that show the twist and clamps
clow
Thanks.

Right where the circle is, do I give it a twist to preload it before putting it in the hook?

Click to view attachment
Socalandy
I think you will need half a turn to get the 90's going in the correct direction, thats why I gave you pics at both ends for reference. I never dis or re-assembled these rods but they will be way easier that the rear trunk rods for sure!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.