Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Warning Buzzer
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
86motoman
My warning buzzer won't shut off at all. It is the same light as the hazards. Plus a little orange light to the side of that. I bought the car with the brake line cut and seats out. I don't know if it could be the seat belt buzzers or the master cylinder sensor?

I took the roll pan off to reset the master (I have bled the brakes), there is no reset button that I can see. It also has two wires going to the mc sensor and I only see one plug in for it.

What the hell.

Is there a way I can just bypass all of these warning systems?
redshift
It's buzzing?

GET OUT!!! SHE'S GONNA BLOW!

It is the seatbelt unhooky thing, ignore it, that sound goes away in a few weeks, when your valves need service.

Just kidding again, I think there is a schematic around here.... and if I remember correctly, it's the yellow wire in the harness, under the seat... and you just loop that to where I can't remember.

Someone who really doesn't suck will come along soon....

M
Aaron Cox
thats the self destruct warning system chairfall.gif

bypass the relay under the pass seat. connect the 2 big yellow wires to each other. DONE

EDIT: Miles beat me to it sad.gif
86motoman
lol...sometimes I feel like that.

I have been making good progress with this car. Bought it not running...bondo'd the fender, painted the front, changed the calipers, put in new shifter bushings (still needs aligned), got the engine running (hopefully the smoke will slow down), girlfriend put in the interior and new fuel injector seals...and door stop. Anyway...

Why do I have two wires going to this master cylinder sensor? And I was a dumba** and lost track of which wire was on the sensor. headbang.gif

I'll regroup and try to loop that seat belt buzzer....anybody have info on that? I'll run some more searches.
86motoman
oops...I'll go find the two big yellow wires.... aha!
86motoman
I forgot to mention the car is a 72.

Well in this car there is no wires below the pass. seat. I just took off the padded backing just to make sure. In my wrecked 74 there is a whole grip load of wires and a relay or two. Maybe somebody cut it all out of this car???

So I am back to square one.
Aaron Cox
74 and up are the only years with the seat buzzer
86motoman
So the buzzer has to be the master cylinder sensor then?

With the strange two wire to one wire sensor. hehe
redshift
Are you driving a Ferrari with a 914 body kit?

Buzzer.... buzzer.... 72 buzzer... voice calling out 'pull up_pull up_pull up'? If your artificial horizon shows that you are trimmed and lvl.... unsure.gif

I'd go with that, and just not look out the window.

clap56.gif

Hold on, I will try to search a picture of what you need to reset the brake screamer.

M
redshift
Thingy

I can't figure the buzzer.

M
86motoman
Thanks for taking the time to get that...I appreciate it.

My switch looks different than the one pictured there. I found this thread and it looks like the sensor in the bottom pic: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...4238&hl=warning

I am holding the sensor in my hand and there is no switch on it. There is a big plastic piece sticking out of it...but it is not a switch. I tried to hit it with a hammer to make sure and it didn't move.

Then I have the two wire saga? unsure.gif
redshift
I saw this movie, where these two guys have to cut a wire to stop a bomb...

What color choices do I have? unsure.gif

smile.gif

M
86motoman
Two brown wires is your only choices.

I put in the sensor from the other car. No change.

Grounded out the two wires. Nothing.

Risking an explosion...connected the two wires. The annoying buzzing turned into a simple hazard (or flasher) sound. hmmm I'm guessing that's what I want.

Now why isn't it completely silent? E-brake? hehe
jr91472
Pardon the highjack, but what years had the m/c warning?
86motoman
Two wires, that I have temporarily wrapped around each other and then wrapped on the sensor. Notice there is NO reset button.

With the two brown wires wrapped together the buzzer goes off but the flashing lights (like the hazards) on top of the fuel guage continue on?

Two questions:

1.) Does the master cylinder sensor activate both the buzzer and the lights?

2.) Could it be another issue like the ebrake...and if so what?

Please help
86motoman
Anybody??

Surely somebody has had the sensor without a reset button?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.