Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Metal injection mollding
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jeffdon
I figure this is a pretty diverse group, and am betting someone can point me in the right direction.

Looking for a company that does Metal Injection Molding (MIMS). Have a possible application for small precision parts in stainless steel, and lost wax casting is too expensive.
Zimms
I have not worked with them directly on anything, but the name I hear most is Phillips Plastics/MIM

Phillips MIM

They are not related to Phillips of light bulb/electronics fame.
jsaum
My friend is the sales rep for Phillips here in the PNW. The tooling will be quite high I'm in the plastic injection molding business and the tooling for MIM is close to what we do. If it's a simple part your'e still looking at anywhere from 5-K and up for a tool.

Jsaum
jeffdon
QUOTE(Zimms @ Feb 24 2012, 11:08 AM) *

I have not worked with them directly on anything, but the name I hear most is Phillips Plastics/MIM

Phillips MIM

They are not related to Phillips of light bulb/electronics fame.

They look quite capable. Anyone know of someone in California doing this type of thing?
jeffdon
QUOTE(jsaum @ Feb 24 2012, 11:28 AM) *

My friend is the sales rep for Phillips here in the PNW. The tooling will be quite high I'm in the plastic injection molding business and the tooling for MIM is close to what we do. If it's a simple part your'e still looking at anywhere from 5-K and up for a tool.

Jsaum

Yeah I figure it will be pricey. I am looking at a part where inside tolerances will be key. Its a part that rides on a long "track" type arrangement.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.