Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 25,000 mile Preserved baby, 1974 914 SOLD
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
RFoulds
Here she is. I affectionately named her Oly Blue.

First purchased in Texas at Forest Lane Porsche Audi, where DPD air conditioning was installed. Other than the a/c and recently replaced visors, this 1974 appears as original as the day she left the factory. Original paint, upholstery, and even spare tire.
Paintwork is in extremely nice original condition. a few rock chips and door chips, but those the patina of her super low 25,000 miles.

Originally purchased by Dr. James Reese of Rockwall TX, the car was often seen around the small town as his daily driver. At approximately 12,000 miles, he sold it to a young man, Greg Foerster also if Rockwall Texas, who drove it sparingly until 1987. In that year, at 25,000 miles, he parked it in his grandmother's garage under cover, and left it.

Oly Blue sat almost completely undisturbed for 23 years.

Some 23 years later, Mr. Foerster, now living in CA, was reminded that he still owned this little babyand he might want to remove it from its hiding spot. A friend of his posted it on this site for sale as is in July of 2010.
It received a lot of attention at that time, and Wayne Fry, living in the area, volunteered to go take pics for me and other interested buyers. Under 23 years of dust was a virtual 914 time machine.

I bought the car from the pics and history, and set about getting her running again. Much, much cleaning, effort, and money was spent on bringing her back to life.

Thanks to Steve Floyd at Desert Performance and Don Kravig of Precision Motion for all mechanical work.

So here she is, one of the lowest mileage, original condition Porsche 914 I have ever heard of. Before she goes to auction, or E-Bay where she is sure to be snapped up by a European buyer and returned to her homeland, I offer her here for the 914 brethren.

Asking Price is $21,000 Firm will consider interesting partial trades, especially Porsche

760-625-6488

MANY morepics to be found here:

http://photobucket.com/olyblue

IPB Image
RFoulds
Contact info:

rfoulds@verizon.net or 760-625-6488
6freak
Dang! what a peach... biggrin.gif
tod914
Beautiful job! Best of luck with your sale. I'm sure it won't take too long for it to find the right home.
Ferg
Now on bringatrailer.com piratenanner.gif
914werke
Very Nice! I hope you get your price.
RFoulds
driving.gif

Looks like she has a new home. It came down to three serious buyers. One had his money a little quicker than the others.

Thanks to all on this board for the help and support. When the new owner takes delivery, I will ask his permission to post his name and info.

Now, on to the next one!

dcheek
Congratulations to the new owner. Forget what anyone says, you got a deal on this car. If you maintain it properly, your investment will only gain value over time. There is no way you could restore a 914 to this level for what you paid.

My suggestion to anyone on the fence about purchasing a car of this quality; buy it now! The 4 cylinder 914's are climbing in value at an accelerated rate. $21,000 will sound like a bargain 5-10 years from now. A recent Hemmings article confirms this.

I was interested in purchasing a 914 -6 about 10 years ago from someone I knew in the Porsche Club. His asking price at the time was $25000 firm. That was about $5000 over the going rate. I should have bought it because $40000+ is now what it takes for a comparable car.

You snooze, you lose.

Dave

ww914
Very nice. Love the color.
climber911
I,m the new owner, pleasure to deal with Randy and to aquire such a nice original example. This car will be preserved in my collection of 8 various original early Porsches. Dave is correct in saying these cars are going up and clean unmolested ones are few and far between. Ken
Tom_T
Congratz & welcome.png

Hopefully you'll take her to some local Porsche Club Concours & earn some creds, which Randy never had a chance to do down here in SoCal - as well as to enjoy some driving time & post in the Forums on here.

Given the unmolested nature of "Oly Blue" -
might I suggest that you take some good pix of her throughout, and post them in our Originality & History Forum's nailed topic called "The few, the rare...." -
.... which is there as a restoration & originality reference for other owners/etc.

Oly Blue would be a great 1974 1.8 example! first.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
carr914
QUOTE(climber911 @ Mar 2 2012, 12:51 PM) *

I,m the new owner, pleasure to deal with Randy and to aquire such a nice original example. This car will be preserved in my collection of 8 various original early Porsches. Dave is correct in saying these cars are going up and clean unmolested ones are few and far between. Ken

welcome.png
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.