Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I have no luck
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LvSteveH
Ad in local newspaper says 77 911, needs a fuel pump, leaving town, need to sell now $3500 firm. So I call the guy, turns out he bought it 3 months ago from the wife of the long time owner who had passed away in an accident. She kept the car for a while, but when the fuel pump went out, she sold it. The guy who bought it knew nothing about 911’s, or anything else for that matter, and realized he was in over his head and quit the project, and wasn’t planning to take it with him when he moved.

So, when I finally got a hold of the guy at 8pm after calling a few times that day, he says it’s still available, has a 2.7L, turbo body, and needs a fuel pump. I figure it’s worth a look (my wife ticked me off earlier in the day, so buying a car would only be fair right?). I get there about 8:40pm, at the same time another buyer shows up to look at the car (that sucks a bunch right there). It’s a young guy who goes gaga over the turbo body, it’s a coupe by the way. Guy says he’ll take it without even looking the car over much. I just keep quietly looking it over. The car is actually pretty nice and straight, no rust, just looks like it’s been neglected since the fuel pump went out and the idiot owned it. As I look the car over, I notice the engine case number is 930*******. Well, that means it has a nicely done 3.0L conversion. As soon as I see that I stop looking and tell the guy I’m interested too, and I’ll give $4000, $500 over his asking price. I figure at worst case I can pull the motor for a 914-6 conversion and get my money back on the roller. So, here we are in the worst scenario known to man, a bidding war, well, it turns out that neither of us has cash on the spot, so the guy said he wouldn’t lock up a deal until paid in full. I offer to get $500 from my ATM and the balance in the morning when I pick up the car, no dice. Today I can’t get a hold of him to save my life.

I figure it was a $9000 car easy with the fuel pump fixed, and for all you skeptics, yes, that is probably all it needed, no funny noises when turning it over. If I had the $3500 cash I would have left with the car. Sorry the for the long story, but I know you guys would be able to appreciate it, as you can imagine, my wife has no sympathy, especially considering that we have too many cars already. Sucks to be me. Thanks for listening.

headbang.gif
jim912928
That sucks big time. Is it gone for sure or if you drive over with cash in hand might he still have it?
LvSteveH
His phone rang off the hook with the add, about 5 times while I was there, I think someone took it home later that night. Guy didn't answer his phone all day, at least I helped drive the price up on the bastard who gets it. The funny part is that a bunch of people have looked at the car when he wanted $5000 Firm, and no one picked up the fact that it was a 3.0L. Such is life.

wacko.gif
aircooledboy
Ugg! sad.gif

That is a kick in the nuts. mad.gif
Brando
Sucks dude... Would have been really nice to see that 3.0L engine in your 914... smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.