Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 oil tank vent & puke tank LINES
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Krieger
I heard the factory braided oil lines are very expensive. What's out there?
SirAndy
QUOTE(Krieger @ Feb 24 2012, 01:55 PM) *

I heard the factory braided oil lines are very expensive. What's out there?

This thread is only 4 days old. Same subject.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=169004

shades.gif
Jeffs9146
I just did this today per Andy's Gatorade Bottle Idea! blink.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Feb 24 2012, 02:02 PM) *

Just make sure you add a few small vent holes to the top of the bottle ...

I pointed mine in the general direction of the air-filter, so any oil vapors that do escape will be burned.

popcorn[1].gif
J P Stein
Everything I come up with has a reason....at least to me. biggrin.gif In this case the stock oil tank gets to slopping back & forth at AX but not on the street or rack. A slight up hill run (bout all that is available) encourages oil caught up in the windage to return to the tank. At that, I would always end up with 6-8 oz of oil in the catch tank after an AX.
Breather in the catch tank with holes in the lid (& foam under it) knocks down the oil saturated windage so it doesn't end up all over the car.....I've seen that on other sixes. Funky but functional.

If I had it to do again I wouldn't use a stock (or stockish) tank....too long & narrow.
Krieger
I followed that thread. The best I got was by enlarging Andy's picture. I can see you used heater hose. Someone else used clear plastic tubing.
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Feb 24 2012, 02:04 PM) *

QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Feb 24 2012, 02:02 PM) *

Just make sure you add a few small vent holes to the top of the bottle ...

I pointed mine in the general direction of the air-filter, so any oil vapors that do escape will be burned.

popcorn[1].gif

Yea I noticed that when the motor warmed up the bottle started to expand! I took my drill and releaved the pressure!! beerchug.gif
Justinp71
Patrick sells a real nice kit with 6' of hose and an aluminum puke can for around $170. Then you mount the puke can on the passenger side firewall. Looks clean.
Krieger
Sorry guys, I edited the description for clarity. No more posting for me with my smart phone.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.