Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: It's past midnight and I'm exhausted
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
airsix
Here's what the elves have been up to tonight. I look at the picture and think "Well that doesn't look like it was too much work." Well maybe not for a lot of folks, but it was for this guy. After about 3 weeks of chin scratching I decided on my plan of attack. Last Saturday I made the flanges and shopped for all the hardware. Tonight I did the rest. The intake side of the turbo peeks though a hole I punched in the rear cooling tin. I wanted to keep the exhaust side completely out of the engine bay. Tomorrow I'll finish it up and let you know how it runs. Not expecting earth-shaking performance - the math says 20-28hp if I did everything right. That'll put me between 100-108 hp. Don't sound like much, but that's as much as a 35% increase over the current anemic 80 hp.

-Ben M. (exhausted and going to bed with visions of compressor maps stuck in my head)
airsix
flange #2
airsix
flange #2 and reducer
airsix
ta-da! Good night.
Mueller
pray.gif ........you beat me to it !!!!!!

looks like a good job, I cannot wait to read about the results next week when I get home....time to hit the sack, I've got a plane to catch in about 7 hours or so
airsix
QUOTE(Mueller @ Sep 10 2004, 11:46 PM)
pray.gif ........you beat me to it !!!!!!

looks like a good job, I cannot wait to read about the results next week when I get home....time to hit the sack, I've got a plane to catch in about 7 hours or so

Have a good trip. I hope it's a real vacation this time and not just more work on the other house. See you in a week (well, I mean see you here that is). Have some fun.

-Ben
maf914
Nice work! smilie_pokal.gif I think fabricating pieces like that is very impressive.

What do you intend to use for the rest of the induction system?
fiid
Dude - awesome job. That looks great. Keep us posted on the results.

Fiid.
Brando
ooooooh it's beautiful... excellent machinework!
red914
wow, very impressive. i can't wait to see more, and hear abou the results. do you plan to cruise over to this side of the state ever?
airsix
Pretty good Saturday. Got the induction plumbing built. Everything is installed and ready to fire-up except for vacuum sourse for the BO valve (need a 'T'), hose clamps on a few vacuum lines (soon to be pressure lines), and a 10mmx1.25 nut for one of the turbo-flange studs (I know I bought enough - but one went missing).

Have to stop for the day mad.gif (almost got done today) and clean up to go to a dinner appointment. More updates as they become available....

-Ben M.
airsix
QUOTE(maf914 @ Sep 11 2004, 04:45 AM)
Nice work! smilie_pokal.gif I think fabricating pieces like that is very impressive.

Thanks, but don't give me too much credit. I forgot to mention that I used a Burch exhaust as the base. I just did what's between the collector to the muffler.

-Ben M.
rick 918-S
More please... thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.