Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A new Project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Powaqqatsi
Hello there, it's been a while since I posted here. I first came to here to ask a few questions about the 914. I wanted to buy one. But after much research and consideration I decided against it. It had to be my daily driver and I concluded that it would be a money pit as a daily driver.

Today there is new hope. Me and a friend want to fullfill our childhood dream of building our own car. I am at the moment checking out different cars that can be used as a basis for our project. We would like to build a car with very good handling in the first place, extreme engine power isn't needed (max ±250 bhp). We would like to build a sort of home grown Lotus Elise biggrin.gif . The 914 would just be used as a basis, we're going to develop our own engine and suspension (with the help of a few friends who are engineers). This will be of course be a project that will take years since we have to learn A LOT.

What I need right now is structural drawings of the 914. Does this exist ? Preferably high res.

example from Jeroen's site http://www.rennware.com/proj/914_idee/914R_tube.gif
Jeroen
Hey Pow,

Good to hear you're back. Sounds like the 914 suckered another one in biggrin.gif
Chech the Pelican Parts website. They have a section with brochures and you can download the factory blueprints there in pretty high res.
(My sketches are based on that, although I made some minor mistakes)

Make sure you post any and all progress you make here on 914world.com

cheers,

Jeroen
Jeroen
Here you go:

914 blueprint
Bleyseng
Where are you located in Belgium? BTW How come you International guys don't list your city???

Geoff biggrin.gif
Powaqqatsi
QUOTE(Jeroen @ Sep 11 2004, 02:20 PM)
Here you go:

914 blueprint

Thanks a lot !

We are just in the "idea" stage right now. We are just thinking over possibilities, the project will take several years since we need to learn most of the stuff and we also have university and work to think about.

Bleyseng, I'm from Antwerp. And why don't we mention it ? What does it matter, Belgium is small enough allready biggrin.gif
Bigbohr
Antwerp ... I can hear the cathedral in my head. That always makes me home sick. I'll be there next weekend boldblue.gif It will just be for a couple of days but better than nothing.
By the way, do you know what's allowed in Belgium with regards to engine swaps? in particular for putting bigger engines in (of course). Can you still drive a car like that on the street?
Good luck with your project. Sounds interesting.
Powaqqatsi
QUOTE(Bigbohr @ Sep 12 2004, 02:42 AM)
Antwerp ... I can hear the cathedral in my head. That always makes me home sick. I'll be there next weekend  :boing: It will just be for a couple of days but better than nothing.
By the way, do you know what's allowed in Belgium with regards to engine swaps? in particular for putting bigger engines in (of course). Can you still drive a car like that on the street?
Good luck with your project. Sounds interesting.

Well, I don't think engine swaps are quite that legal. IIRC you need to let the car homologated (costs something like €400) and you need a homologation certificate (like the one you get with your car, "gelijkvormigheidsattest"). It's not that easy. But it should be possible. But swapping the engine with an egine that is exactly the same must be possible without paperwork. We're going to have to check this out.

PS: anybody got a source to high resolution blueprints/drawings of cars (doens't matter which one), engines and other car components ?
Jeroen
Hey Pow,

I'm not too far away from you (I'm in Hellevoetsluis, about 30km south/west of Rotterdam)
If you're interested, you and your friend are more than welcome to come over and have a look at my almost bare chassis and swap some ideas...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.