Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hot-air duct connections gasketed?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Prospectfarms
Were connections between the hot-air metal ducts linking the H/E and the body originally supplied with gaskets?

If so, is there a source? If no source what's a good substitute?

While I'm asking, has anyone used foil tape or another material to seal the many seams of the hot-air system?

Bleyseng
The only gaskets used that I know of were the ones at the HE to fan connection. Last time I bought them from AA for way too much but I used em as a template. Does make a difference to seal that connection. The rest should be just factory setup.
The little aluminum deflectors are nice to have too.
Mikey914
I have a the ones in the engine tin as well as high temp silicone hose as well as a lower temp version that can be used on the other ducting

Prospectfarms
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Feb 26 2012, 09:01 PM) *

I have a the ones in the engine tin as well as high temp silicone hose as well as a lower temp version that can be used on the other ducting

Much obliged. You are on my list for HT silicon hot air hose as soon as I gather some some more aluminum cans. I found one of the "grommets" and am looking for the other one. Thanks.
Prospectfarms
While I'm asking, has anyone used foil tape or another material to seal the many seams of the hot-air system?
?
TheCabinetmaker
"foil" duct tape should work fine (till ya go to take it off).
Prospectfarms
QUOTE(vsg914 @ Feb 27 2012, 08:20 AM) *

"foil" duct tape should work fine (till ya go to take it off).

Yup, foil tape is sticky stuff -- thanks for your input Curtis.
Prospectfarms
The little aluminum deflectors are nice to have too.

I have 'em. What are they for?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.