Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: speedo and clutch cable routing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jr91472
Tomarrow I am installing my new side shift tranny and associated engine mount cross member. (This is a 72 tailshifter at least for a couple of more hours).

The engine mount cross member has two holes in it (1 large on driver's side and 1 small on passenger side). Large hole is for the shift linkage, but what is the small hole for? I had assumed the small hole for was the speedo cable, but now I can't see how the cable could possible route through the cross member due to the fact that the couplers at both ends of the speedo cable are too large for the hole. So I am assuming that the small hole must be for the clutch cable. <_<

Is this correct? Is so, are there any special recommendations on how to route the speedo past the engine to the tranny? Any pics out there would be greatly appreciated!

thanks
TheCabinetmaker
You are correct. The small hole is for the clutch cable. Route the speedo cable over the mount bar and zip tie it to the clutch cable where you can.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.