Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Running rich hopefully gone
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ruddyboys
A while back I had the problem with my webers that they ran so rich they would foul after a short time. Pulled the engine to replace a broken rocker spring and put new idle jets and readjusted the floats on the webbers. Put the engine back and the car started the first shot. Timing fine and the car is running great. After a few minutes the car starts to run rough and keeps getting worst untill it stalls and wont start. Pull the plugs and they are black. Clean them off and the car still wont run. Then I notice the dizzy has moved. Put it back to about the same position as I started and the car fires right up. Time it and tighten the dizzy. Car runs for about 30mins with no problem.
red914
dude, you make all that trouble shooting and fixin' stuff sound easy. go review my thread on adjusting simple weber 34s, and see what pain and suffering are all about. headbang.gif

oh wait, you probably know what you are doing; that's different. maybe some day i can be that way, too. which is to say, "nice work; i hope to be as capable soon." clap56.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.