Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: canyou repair dash cracks?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
i love porsche
is there any way to repair a dash crack, the dash on my parts car has only one crack in it, above the ash tray, otherwise its perfect, id really like to repair this and avoid putting a cap on it...is there any way?
mack914
Checkout the JC Whitney catalog. They use to have dash repair kits, may still do. But how do you repair a cut without leaving a scare?
Andyrew
But how do you repair a cut without leaving a scare?

Paint maybe?
tod914
On TV, there use to be an advertisement for vinal repair kit. Maybe search the net for "TV commerical products" or something. Might be worth a try.
EdwardBlume
Get a plastic dash cover for $40. It looks fine and won't crack.
Hi_Fi_Guy
Go to a Used car lot and ask for the number of the local "Dr. Vinyl" or similar company. They usually are only know to car lots, not the public, and specialize in "value added" services for car dealers like Vinyl pinstripes, mud flaps, bug guards, etc. They also do repair for cracked dashes and vinyl seats with small scratches or tears. Not sure how popular these services are now with the quality of most new car plastics but I bet you can still find one.

Some auto-upholstery shops also do Vinyl repairs and might be able to help you out.

When I was younger I used one of the do-it-yourself kits with the colored goo tubs & heating iron on my Rx-7 dash. Got OK, results. Practice or a professional could achieve really good results with similar materials.
Red-Beard
Dr. Evil can get yours re-conditioned.
Lou W
agree.gif Dr. Evil's work looks good smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.