Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mystery seats
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
lapuwali
Came with the car. Fit the backpad decently, as can be seen. No markings on them I can find. I have both seats, but am replacing them with stock seats.
lapuwali
Nother angle
Andyrew
Looks simular to recaro seats.... Maybe just custom?

Are they on 914 sliders? or how is it mounted?

Im guessing your asking this to sell them eh? How much?
Aaron Cox
i'd be interested smile.gif
seanery
kinda look like what was in my old GTI
lapuwali
Looks to me like someone welded on a crossbracket and drilled them so they'd bolt to 914 sliders. The bottom pad is thick enough that you sit about at the same level as you do in the stock seats with the stock cushion in place, which is too high for my taste. They're heavier than the stockers, too (haven't weighed them, just the grunt test).
matt_o_70
look to me like the factory VW recaro style seats that were in my 86 GTI and similar seats in my early eighty's sciroccos
McMark
Looks like modified stock to me. That headrest is awfully familiar.
lapuwali
Definitely not modified stock. The headrest is a separate piece, and there's no "pan". Open-tube-frame construction, like most seats. Sounds like there's some interest, so I'll try to take some better pics, and will put them on the on the classifieds.
nein14
If the seats are still avalible Iam interested PM me.
mack914
Seat looks pretty good in the car.
lapuwali
Solved the mystery. I pulled the passenger seat, and it had a label on the bottom, unlike the driver's side. Ironically, these are British seats (only two German cars but half-dozen Brit cars in my past). Skats Paddy Hopkirk Carrera Recliners. No idea if that outfit is still in business. Paddy Hopkirk is still alive, and still lending his name to various products. For those who've never heard of him, Paddy was a sports car and rally driver, active primarily in the 60s. He drove quite a few BMC cars to victory, including a famous win in a Mini in the 1964 Monte Carlo Rally. In any case, there's a clue if anyone wants to try to find a pair of aftermarket seats for the 914 that really do fit just about perfectly, and look "period" (probably ARE period).

I'm posting these in the Classifieds Section, so go there for more pics and my guess at a price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.